Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockhound925
Reel Rookie

YouTube sidebar tab buttons missing

Jump to solution

This problem just cropped up last night on all my Roku devices,(TV,Ultra & express).  When I am signed into my Youtube premium account, all the sidebar tab buttons below the home button including subscriptions, movies. library, etc. disappear.  If I sign in as a guest or a non-premium account, the buttons appear.  I have done all resets and re-installations with no help.  I've even chatted with a YouTube tech, but he's never seen this problem.  Anybody out there had the same problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube sidebar tab buttons missing

Jump to solution

This might be a side effect of your systems updating to Roku operating software version 11.5, which is gradually rolling out right now.  It could well be that YouTube needs to update their channel app to be compatible with the new version.

Roku menu path Settings > System > System update will show you your current Roku version number and when it was installed.   While there, it never hurts to click on Check now to check for any more recent updates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Snafus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having The same problem. Tried various resets. Nothing has fixed it yet. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This might be a side effect of your systems updating to Roku operating software version 11.5, which is gradually rolling out right now.  It could well be that YouTube needs to update their channel app to be compatible with the new version.

Roku menu path Settings > System > System update will show you your current Roku version number and when it was installed.   While there, it never hurts to click on Check now to check for any more recent updates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rockhound925
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just checked YouTube.  Everything is back to normal.  Hopefully it stays that way.

0 Kudos
Snafus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I’ve updated smart tv OS and ROKU, changed screen name, and reported to ROKU.  No menus still after all that. Several hours later, menus are back. Can’t be sure what fixed it bc I was too impatient between the multiple attempts when nothing seemed to be working.  
Apparently this issue crops up with various OS from time to time, and it’s a matter of getting the ap to run on multiple platforms.  

Happy again!

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There have been issues in the past with YouTube menus. Probably something to do with their servers being configured properly to handle certain software versions and user configurations. The fact it fixed itself is probably a good clue it was at YouTube's end.

0 Kudos