Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pusheen1

YouTube search function freezes app on Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

I see on previous forums that there have been issues with YouTube on Roku devices, with some resolution happening in October 2020, but my device is still having a problem. Since upgrading to a Roku Premiere, YouTube now loads successfully, but as soon as I navigate to the search function the app freezes and I have to do a hard exit to the Roku home screen. I have tried removing the channel and resetting my device, with no luck. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube search function freezes app on Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

@Pusheen1

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pusheen1

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leefi1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is apparently no such thing as Youtube Customer Service. The link given is unrecognizable. This is clearly a repeat of the Prime TV/ Roku problem that happened some months back. No "remedy" suggested for customers to do on our end worked, I tried them all repeatedly. Eventually Prime TV/Roku repaired the problem without our help. Every other streaming channel functions lightning fast and glitch free on all 5 Roku devices. It is ONLY Youtube/Roku that blanks and restarts while viewing videos. It has now escalated to kicking me off of Youtube and back to Roku's Home Screen multiple times during one YT 18 minute video. This is truly annoying.

Why is Roku adding channels to my line up? I already automatically revert to my screensaver annoyingly fast to remedy the problem, Now, its Apple TV they are adding over and over. I resent this, I do try multiple channels during the trial period, usually removing them as soon as I see that the lineup holds no interest. Apple TV is one of those that I am aware of and do not wish to subscribe to. I gave up and added the Roku Channel because Roku added it multiple times. I do not the watch content, as I despise commercials.  

0 Kudos