Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billzorn1

youtube app requires repeated reinstallation

Jump to solution

we have a roku express 3900x; each time we have to uninstall/reinstall the youtube app to get it to open. other apps function normally.

0 Kudos
Rom2
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

Pretty sure you didn't read the actual contents of this thread.  Every single person on here knows how to do the youtube activation.  What we are having a problem with is that roku has a major glitch that disables the app or something.  You then have to do all sorts of weird things to try and get it to work, temporarily. 

ace1062682
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

Hi I'm seeing the same issue on June 29. I click on YouTube and it makes the sound as though I have clicked on it, but does not open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and checked for system updates and see nothing. It's the only app on my device with this behavior,and is the only device on which youtube is not working.

Youtube version is 2.20.93000141

Serial number is YN00XJ897942

Device id: 73C98X897942

Software 10.0.0 build 4195-30

0 Kudos
Elhama

Youtube does not work on Roku even after reset

Jump to solution

I tried to remove and then reset and add back the youtube channel but still it does not work . Is there any advice? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube does not work on Roku even after reset

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Elhama.

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting. Try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
bkengland
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F: Roku needs to stop providing this "solution" over and over, and rather tell us what's being done to make the fix and change the status of this thread from "Solved" to "Unsolved".

Thanks!
Bruce 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Elhama wrote:

I tried to remove and then reset and add back the youtube channel but still it does not work . Is there any advice? 

Known solutions/workarounds for YT app not loading:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Remove YT app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add YT app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

0 Kudos
Genie123

Roku with out You-Tube

Jump to solution

My Roku devices are now about 50% as useful and worthwhile now that the free You-Tube content is gone.

I certainly will not replace or update any of my 4 devices after this silly move.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku with out You-Tube

Jump to solution

YouTube is available on all Roku devices. The separate YouTube TV channel is currently unavailable, but YTTV is available within the standard YouTube channel. 

That said, Google has a history of making YouTube perform so poorly on older Roku players that it's no longer usable. But that's the fault of Google, not Roku. Exactly what model Roku devices do you have, and where are you located? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
brkdude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku TV had same issue. Clicking on YouTube app did nothing.  No error no action nothing.  Just got it to load. I did try uninstalling app first.. so not sure if its the mix of the two.. We have a reset tv audio/picture settings option I tried.  system>advanced > factory reset > reset tv audio/video. Seemed to work.

0 Kudos