Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaywokr88
Channel Surfer

Re: UNRESOLVED - June 2021 YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

I have 3 ROKUS - YOUTUBE WILL NOT WORK IN EITHER BEDROOM BUT WORKS FINE IN LIVING ROOM.

Puzzling.  More than that it is frustrating.  

0 Kudos
debmcm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I received emails about the dispute between Google, YouTube TV and Roku. Roku blames Google for unfair terms to keep YouTube TV. Roku claims they would require access to sensitive search data or them being able to manipulate search results. However, I believe they all do that and they are fighting for power and leaving the consumer to suffer as usual. I don't believe in monopolies but I see that Roku streams many opinion channels that pose as "news" stations and I can't support that. It might be time to get rid of Roku and go to firestick (another monopoly). I will see in the days to come, if Roku and Google work things out and leave us with choices about what news and entertainment we are able to consume.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue.  I click on the YouTube app and nothing happens.  I then follow the steps to delete the app, update and restart the Roku device and then reinstall the app.  It will work for a day, but the next morning, the YouTube app will not open again.  I have had to reinstall the YouTube app 7 times now when this happens.

kenv

Jump to solution

no more regular youtube , guess i'll throw out the roku and buy a firestick.... been having trouble with it on youtube for a couple weeks now , youtube is about the only thing i use it for ... good bye roku

0 Kudos
scottcurtis1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had youtube not work 5 times on two different devices.  I also know my parents youtube also failed to work on multiple devices.  I'm not on here to ask what I should do (if need be I'll migrate to amazon or apple tv) but to inform both Roku and YouTube to get your act together and remind you that Roku may be the best game in town but it's not the only one.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As state previously in this thread, we would recommend checking for a system update on your Roku device and rebooting your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue. For more information about how to check for a system update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still seeing this issue occur after following the troubleshooting step above, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
VuduBluz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They don't care . . .

VuduBluz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is absolute BS . . . it's not on our end it's on YOURS! We all know there is a dispute with YouTube and we, the customers, are suffering from it!

bkengland
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Obviously, the issue is not "solved". The status should be changed to "unsolved" or "under investigation".

bkengland
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Now I'm told by Customer Support they're working on it and the solution will be posted here. If you subscribe to the topic, you'll see the latest in email. That's what I'll do.

0 Kudos