Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHKW
Level 9

Re: YouTube---OMY IT WORKED

Jump to solution

Hey StreamerUser thx for echoing Dan's advice that a hard reset wouldn't delete the YTTV app. All makes sense.

Re 'older/lower memory models'... Likewise makes good sense. My Express+ being one of the lowest capacity device models probably has a lot to do with this hiccup. Also, it came from Walmart whose local stock may not turn over often, so it's possible my hardware is an earlier version of the model. Maybe not classically obsolete yet still might be prone to get tripped up as evolutionary updates to certain more complex screensavers roll out to Roku devices over time.

Also good catch re the slight difference in version numbers!  I reviewed the pics I took with my phone and yep I now see that I totally missed that leading digit. Thanks for explaining that there are indeed two Aquatic Life screensavers.

As for v13.~~~  (the version that cannot be removed from My Screensavers)... It sounds like this one basically now stays in My Screensavers and on purpose. So, is this some sort of a Roku-suggested choice that's intended to be seen, or what? It's not bothering me having a screensaver I likely won't use again occupy space in 'my' list per se. Just mildly curious as to why an end-user has no easy option to manually remove something from his/her custom listing -- if nothing else but to reduce unnecessary clutter.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: YouTube---OMY IT WORKED

Jump to solution

@JHKW 

You can leave both installed if you want (there are some other minor technical differences not worth getting into other than the ones I mentioned), but I recommend removing the searchable/removable 3.0.90000011 version.

As to why there are the two slightly different Aquatic Life screensavers:  It is likely caused by Roku limiting its availability to 4K models (and other devices on the account once installed on a 4K device) for a time (version 13) and then deciding to allow it again for all models (version 3), coupled with some unintentional side effects of recent RokuOS upgrades.

Roku has been made aware of the Aquatic Life semi-duplication non-removability etc issue, but it never hurts to directly inform them again.

rsaviciunas
Level 7

You tube, other channels not loading

Jump to solution

no help

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: You tube, other channels not loading

Jump to solution

@rsaviciunas You have to be more specific about what is happening, and what you tried. We also need to know what model Roku you have and where you are located (country is fine, no need for anything more specific).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Re: YouTube tv and YouTube not loading

Jump to solution

Me too. Ever figure it out? Just on one tv at the moment. Other sticks on the other tvs are working so its no YouTube 

0 Kudos
tvman1
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is a new problem, and the previous solutions are not working.  I can't get YouTube or Youtube TV on my stick, but can get it on 4 other different Roku devices.  So this is a problem with updated apps, apparently.

0 Kudos
JHKW
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ok folks I want to offer some hope on this issue.

1. Yesterday I found that reversing themes to the Roku default and/or changing screensaver to anything besides Aquatic Life eliminated my sudden nonaccess to YTTV, YT, and Spotify on my lower capacity Express+. Doing that tweak last night returned access for all 3 yesterday. Today Community was full of chatter from folks who likewise discovered same  problems. Tonight when I used my Roku, I still had YTTV and YT (yay!) but suddenly my Spotify app was no longer in my top row of channel lineup. And where I did find it it didn't work. App started to open then froze on logo. So I removed. Then did system restart, then readdded Spotify. Then Spotify app worked (I had to log back in of course). Once all this was done, it worked fine. YTTV and YT also still working fine. Pretty clear that Roku techs pushed out some corrective stuff aimed to fix this very hiccup. I still haven't tried choosing the Aquatic Life Screensaver that I had found to hose up my Express+ inexplicably. But purpose of this post is to let community know that my device has a) received some fresh new updates today and b) the existing  Spotify app was negatively impacted by the tweak(s) - perhaps there are others. But once all these updates are installed and any wnd-user reclamation of existing apps are made, the operation of my Roku seems to be back to as reliable as it had been a couple days ago. Hoping so. 🤞 You're results may vary. 😉 Looking forward to seeing some sort of verifying update from Roku IT sooner than later tho... Maybe still a work in progress.
0 Kudos
tvman1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Not working on my Stick.

0 Kudos
ray88888
Level 7

Re: Youtube not working need assistance

Jump to solution

Have you figured what the problem is?  I can't find a way to talk to support for Roku is there a way of doing that cause I can't seem to contact anyone it just keeps me going to this chat routine or an article stating this is being worked on but no answers!

0 Kudos
GMan989
Level 7

Jump to solution

Had this issue today with the YouTube and Prime Video apps. Wound up deleting half the apps on the Roku (wasn’t using them anyways) and it started working. Was really confusing as the apps initially said there was a network issue even though the Internet was working fine, then later the Amazon app started saying there wasn’t enough memory for the update.