Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV playback issues

@jed2  You signed up and all you did was bash Roku. You provided no advice to anyone. So you own a Roku TV? You do realize Roku does not make TVs. Your TV was me by somebody else such as TCL or Hisense. Roku only makes the software. I own 3 TCL Roku TVs (one running Roku OS 11), 4 Sticks (2 have Roku OS 11) and 3 Ultras. I have zero issues with any of them. You also have to fully read each person‘s problem. No just keep saying the same thing over and over. Certain people have an older generation Roku or a Roku that is over 4 years old. If your TV or Roku device is under warranty that’s different. But there are a million reasons for issues you see in here. They aren’t all Roku OS 11 related. I don’t even see a post from you asking for advice 

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

Are you a Roku troll?

I'm letting other users know that there are multiple issues with the OS update. The issues manifest differently across different devices, many users reporting the problem started with the update. The update is made by Roku. They need to fix it.

I joined this forum last week to find out what was the problem. Is that all right with you? Roku mods have been responding to each user as if their problem is unique, leaving users to feel like the problem is on their end. I'm letting them know that others are having problems that may be related.

Don't interfere.

Tags (1)
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Guess we know what company ello2022 works for 🙂

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@jed2  A troll is one who joins a community to do nothing but bad mouth a company. Roku did not make your TV. RCA did. You can reach out to them for assistance. Roku has no control how 3rd party channels work after an OS update. Same goes for Apple, Google  and Microsoft. When Apple releases a new version of iOS and it breaks Facebook is that Apples problem? No it’s up to Meta to fix it. Roku’s is no different. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515  I’m an aerospace engineer. If I worked for Roku it would say in my avatar and signature 🙄

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

You say "When Apple releases a new version of iOS and it breaks Facebook is that Apples problem? No it’s up to Meta to fix it. Roku’s is no different. "

If every single app stopped working on Apple's new OS, that's Apple's problem.

Every single channel stopped working on my TV last week. You would tell every single channel to get their sh*t in shape so that it complies with Roku's new OS? In what universe would that happen?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515   I gave you tons of advice earlier did you even try anything? 

20CBD51E-0D22-4683-AF89-90D459368ED0.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@jed2  Based upon what you post I find it extremely hard to believe not one channel out of 1000 Roku has to offer works on your TV. Is it under warranty? Have you contacted RCA? Have you tried a factory reset? Exactly what troubleshooting steps have you taken?

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Tried all of it.

nothing worked.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515  Tried it all explains nothing. Can you provide more details then a 4 word sentence? When you run a check connection test on your Roku Ultra what does it say for Mbps? What does it say for Mbps on the Express? How far away is the Express from the router? Like I said the Express and Ultra are entirely different devices. Plus Roku has absolutely nothing to do with your cloud recordings from YouTube TV. If it was a Roku issue then every channel you have would be having issues 

0 Kudos