Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syris71
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV not working on any of my 4 Roku devices

Jump to solution

I can watch youtube TV on my Samsung s22 and Samsung a7 tablet. But just recently (2days ago) none of my Roku devices will play the YouTube TV anymore. Error says check internet, yet Netflix , Disney + , etc all work and run fine on Roku.

Did Roku drop youtube TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV not working on any of my 4 Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi @syris71,

Thanks for the quick response.

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the error message "Please check your internet connection" while watching the Youtube TV channel. 

If you are experiencing an issue with a channel loading content, we'd also recommend refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and/or internet modem.

In addition, some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @syris71,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are receiving an error message when accessing Youtube TV. 

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku
How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
syris71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried removing the youtube tv channel app and restarting, then adding back. Same result. I also factory reset one of my Roku Ultra and reset it up. When I added Youtube TV back I got the same message about internet connectivity, even though the connection test good.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @syris71,

Thanks for the quick response.

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the error message "Please check your internet connection" while watching the Youtube TV channel. 

If you are experiencing an issue with a channel loading content, we'd also recommend refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and/or internet modem.

In addition, some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
syris71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged my ISP cable modem for a good 15 minutes and powered it back up, I had done this previously but rather quickly (no idea if that even matters) Any way low an behold all my Roku devices are working with Youtube TV again.!

I have a no clue why all my other device as  played YouTube TV fine but the Roku's didn't. Either my modem is going or my ISP was doing some weird trickery?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @syris71,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Have a great day and Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bkimmiller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary, while I appreciate a quick, albeit canned response to my question, I have already been through all of that with one of your "customer reps" on chat. None of this worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bkimmiller

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We will make every effort to help you with your issue. Could you provide us with more details about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos