Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

interesting that it’s more of a YouTube TV problem. Since I don’t remember a recent update for the app. My problem didn’t occur till the Roku update. I did have success with the leave it on till it unfreezes. Based on the status bar, it took about 4 minutes

0 Kudos
valdalton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TarheelFob, THAT WORKED!  I twice, as it froze at the 5 minute mark.  Then saw your post, so next time after 5 minute freeze up, left it alone, and it unfroze around 4-5 minutes later, been on for 2 hours now without a problem.  Only problem is Michigan State is getting SPANKED by Ohio STATE!  hahaha

Will record a football game while I'm gone later, and leave the TV on while I'm gone!

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've let it freeze and sit about 8 times. It failed 7 times with it going to the roku screen saver (10min). This last time it unfroze.

I'm saying this to note that the wait game does not always unfreeze the app.

Go Bucks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same exact issue - freezes up every 3 or 4 mins constantly. Tried all kinds of troubleshooting. Deleted the YouTubeTV app to reinstall it, only to discover its no longer available for download, even though online it’s stated it’s supposed to be available until December 9th. 

Tried accessing YouTubeTV via the regular YouTube app on Roku, and same - freezes up every 3 or 4 mins. Can only press HOME button and go back to main Roku screen. Does NOT happen when accessing YouTubeTV app on my AppleTV. VERY FRUSTRATING! 

0 Kudos
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

valdalton- sorry about MSU! Hopefully, it’ll work that way till they fix it

0 Kudos
UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Could be. I’ve communicated with YouTubeTV also.

leemang

Jump to solution

Freezing is happening on all my Roku and Google TV devices. Definately a YoutubeTV issue. If I wait a few minutes it starts and doesn't freeze but don't change that channel! 

0 Kudos
Chriscmm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too on my Roku TV!! Sucks. 

0 Kudos
Risaw
Channel Surfer

Youtube TV freezing during playback

Jump to solution

This is so frustrating. Big weekend for sporting events and my televisions freeze continuously every 5-6 minutes using YouTube TV. Watching live events and you have to go back to the Roku app to get back into YouTube. Don’t tell me turn off the power and Roku. I have done that many times without success. This is unacceptable!

PBrown111
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ours is also freezing periodically. I deleted the YT TV app then added it back. Some have said you can’t add it back but I was Able too by searching for the You Tube TV app. But … after a short while it still is freezing.

0 Kudos