Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tysmom
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

I found a fix at streamdiag.com.

Good Luck!!!

0 Kudos
Risaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Although this isn’t the best workaround; when YouTube TV freezes, leave it on for about 4-5 minutes. It eventually unfreezes and you can fast forward the station you are watching. However, if you change to a different channel, it will freeze after 4-5 minutes, then you have to wait another 4-5 minutes for it to thaw. Same thing happens if you turn off your tv. Hopefully this will get fixed either by Roku or Facebook. A very frustrating day watching live programming!!

larry30040
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

really? is it 1994? ... i appreciate the offer assist but support can do better than this I think...  why can't we just provide our account ID and they can analyze the device remotely... obviously people know how to reset devices and connections etc. the only steps you need to reproduce the "issue" is to watch youtubetv for 10 minutes ... in some cases longer in other cases shorter... thanks again for the offer to assist though... 

0 Kudos
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They are offering to collect data and examine the problem. Why would you shout them down?

0 Kudos
timbalou

Jump to solution

Still freezing after going through You Tube app.  Worked fine the first few hours and then started doing the same thing

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Initially I thought it only a Roku/YouTube issue, but it also started happening on my Fire Cube and a Fire Stick as well.  after emailing YouTube TV support they replied that their engine were aware of the issue, and were working on the issue.  I did get a one month refund of the YouTube TV service fee.  I now believe the software release to my rokus was just coincidental and not related to the issue.  Whatever the reason it also appears Apple TV devices are unaffected.

Chriscmm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yesterday I reported the issue gone from my TCL Roku TV. However last night it came back.  

0 Kudos
timbalou

Jump to solution

I also contact YouTubeTV and they are getting complaints.  Sounds like it is more than just Roku.  Told me their engineers are working on it. 

I hope they have it resolved by Thanksgiving, so people can watch TV.

RJC-CE
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have fixed the problem with YouTube TV, I installed HULU+Live on Saturday 11/20 and I can watch uninterrupted. Same price and a lot less problems. This is not a Roku issue; it is a Google YouTube TV issue. I called YouTube on Saturday morning. They know this is a Google issue, but they are not too interested in fixing it. I will cancel YouTube TV today. Tried YouTube TV this morning and still have the freeze issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We appreciate you for reaching out regarding the Youtube TV issue you are experiencing.

@UltraUserRVA @PBrown111, thanks for providing the information needed.

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos