Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryceSmit12
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV does not work well on one of my Roku devices

I watch YouTube TV on my two Roku devices. One of them I constantly run into issues when I try to watch a recorded show, it will not load. I can watch it right away on all other devices, including my phone and other TVs, but the Roku device plugged into the TV will not load it. This happens weekly and makes me regret purchasing a Roku device. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube TV does not work well on one of my Roku devices

Hi @BryceSmit12

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on  Youtube TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Youtube TV and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
BryceSmit12
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I just did this and so far so good, hopefully this is a long term fix and not temporary. Appreciate your help and quick response. 

0 Kudos
BryceSmit12
Reel Rookie

I retract my first response. It only worked on the first show, now it will not let me watch anything else. If anything, it has made it worse. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @BryceSmit12,

Thanks for the follow-up.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach YouTube support here: youtube_contact_us 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos