Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl7
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV buffering

I have now covered all my bases.   Spent my morning on the phone with my internet provider to ensure everything is good there.   I can stream any other service without buffering or freezing issues.  I have gone through the process of deleting You Tube TV and restarting the Roku multiple times and the issues continue.   I can easily watch You Tube TV on my iPad without any issue.    I have a Roku Premier - Build 4190 Software version 9.4.0      This is beyond ridiculous.   Is there anyone at Roku that reads these posts?  

0 Kudos
lakesgirl
Reel Rookie

I finally solved my problem.  I had purchased a 4K 65" Samsung TV and I think that was causing the trouble.  I don't think my basic ROKU could handle it.  I just bought a black Friday Walmart.com special ROKU premium for $24.99 and so far, no more buffering issues at all.

I might be wrong but maybe the older ROKU units cannot handle the new tv's well?

0 Kudos

Same issue here! I chatted for 30 mins with a "customer service" person who told me over and over to uninstall, reset, then re-install. It doesn't work. Then they said call Youtube, not a Roku issue. I told them that it didn't happen until Roku did the auto update, crickets...... Why not just say " we know of an issue and have developers working on it" I mean, it has to be a Roku issue, the update happened(a roku event) then the issues happened!!! And why not give us the option to do an update? That way, I can opt not to update until others have said the update is ok? I will have to say, Roku has worse customer support than the major service providers, at least you can call them up and get a supervisor on the phone, even if it is just for me to vent!!!

Sleestax
Reel Rookie

I guess I will try switching to wifi to see if it fixes the buffering issue. It is so frustrating that YouTube TV just randomly provides the buffering circle of death every once in a while after changing a channel.

The only temp "fix" I have found is to change to a different channel, then change back again. That at least gets the stream going again. However, like others, my partner is getting frustrated with this and is also talking about signing up for Comcast or Dish.

There is no way the people at Roku are unaware of this issue. Please fix it. Every other streaming app/service works fine. It's only YouTube TV that does this buffer circle of death.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sleestax,

Thanks for the post.

Try to do a manual update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Reboot your Roku device and try again the channel. 

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1Ring2Rule

Re: YouTube TV buffering on Roku only

If only YouTube TV has the buffering problem and other streaming works fine then this must be specific to how YouTube TV streams.  Are there any settings that need to be adjusted specifically for YouTube?

Blazing_Away
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV buffering on Roku only

Funny you just posted this two hours before I finally got fed up enough to search this topic. I recommend never buying anything ever from Google and Roku when you have a choice. I'm on my last Roku (top model, not old) and when I get off youtubetv, I expect never to go back. I'll never buy Google's device.

0 Kudos