Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkSM
Reel Rookie

YouTube TV App Serious Delay in Remote Control Volume Up/Down

Same using newest 4k roku stick.

Just started ...

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube TV App Serious Delay in Remote Control Volume Up/Down

@MarkSM

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkSM
Reel Rookie

Using Streaming Stick 4k+, the volume up/down controls cease to function properly 5 minutes into watching services such as Youtube TV or Netflix.  Lag times approach 30 seconds for the TV to respond. The TV itself does register a connection as the remote "light" on my Samsung TV flashes when the controls are pressed.

This is a totally new issue, beginning MAYBE 1/2 month ago.

Makes no sense to me actually.

Mark

0 Kudos
larrygrobertson
Channel Surfer

I first reported this behavior back in June of 2022.  The same problem happens not only with Volume Up-Down but also with the microphone when you try to say a command.  The only work around I have found is to unplug the TV from the wall for 10 seconds and plug it back in again, however if you launch YouTube TV again the problems will quickly reappear.

As I said in the original posting I believe this is a Roku App development problem.  I believe the YouTube App is running too many threads at once or has memory leaks in the code, I'm not sure that the Netflix App has a problem unless YouTube was launched before Netflix.

I suggest that Roku Engineers test the YouTube App to see how many threads are running when the app is active.  At this point there are 2 choices, either limit the maximum number of threads an app can run in the Developer Library and/or contact Google to see if they can reduce the number of threads the YouTube app is running. Like I said before Google may be polling your TV/Stick to snoop into your business.

0 Kudos