Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelwolf71885
Binge Watcher

YouTube Subscriptions fail to load

Hi my YouTube failed to load Subscriptions tab as of 8:00PM eastern time

Roku 2 4210

RoluOS 11.0.0 build 4193-04

YouTube 2.20 build 93005150

Roku 2 4210
12 REPLIES 12
angelwolf71885
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube Subscriptions fail to load

Here is a video of the problem im having ive reinstalled the YouTube app several times ive tried updating YouTube several times ive tried updating my roku several tike ive restarted countless times

https://youtu.be/mcPyqKSH-OY

Roku 2 4210
FC999

I have the same problem on my TCL tv and have tried all suggestions: remove and reinstall Youtube, do a hard reset of Roku tv etc. So far nothing has worked.

gizmo4223

Same problems, tried everything suggested by everyone.

angelwolf71885
Binge Watcher

Gizmo and FC999 

thank you for confirming im not the only one with this issue i was starting to fear this was an only me issue

both please post your roku modle numbers and firmware versions and YouTube versions like i have done it helps track the issue

the roku model number and firmware can be found in the about section to access YouTube app version highlight the app and press star ( * )

Roku 2 4210
TBLRPT
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem, verified with four different Rokus !  I can access the contents of the subscriptions in the sidebar menus by using my desktop computer though, which indicates that there is a problem somewhere in the YouTube software  for Roku users.

0 Kudos
ski_tahoe
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with my Streaming Stick 4K and TCL TV (I don't know the model numbers as I'm not near the devices right now).  I first saw the problem on May 23 and have tried reloading the Youtube app to no avail. As was mentioned earlier, I too see this:

I can access the contents of the subscriptions in the sidebar menus by using my desktop computer though, which indicates that there is a problem somewhere in the YouTube software for Roku users.

So annoying...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Some users have more than one YouTube account, for example one as a media provider and another as a user. Google had a problem with some user accounts not showing subscriptions from their other account.

I'm just a normal YouTube user, with no special account. I just checked my Ultra 4800, and all my subscriptions are listed. The YouTube channel version is 2.22, and the Ultra is running OS 11.0 build 4193. 

Google is solely responsible for the functionality of the YouTube channel on Roku devices. They design and provide support for their channel. I know Google has a support page for YouTube, but a quick search of the web didn't turn it up. But here's the generic YouTube support page. Only Google can resolve a problem with the YouTube channel on Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ski_tahoe
Reel Rookie

Well, I guess the mojo of complaining on the Internet helped - three hours after posting this my subscriptions re-appeared!  I hope everyone else is so lucky! 

@ski_tahoe wrote:

I have the same problem with my Streaming Stick 4K and TCL TV (I don't know the model numbers as I'm not near the devices right now).  I first saw the problem on May 23 and have tried reloading the Youtube app to no avail. As was mentioned earlier, I too see this:

I can access the contents of the subscriptions in the sidebar menus by using my desktop computer though, which indicates that there is a problem somewhere in the YouTube software for Roku users.

So annoying...

0 Kudos
angelwolf71885
Binge Watcher

Everything is back to normal with my Subscriptions too thank you Google for fixing this issue

Roku 2 4210
0 Kudos