Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LemonChiffon
Channel Surfer

YouTube No Longer Allowing Viewing Without a Google Account??

Jump to solution

Just tried to watch YouTube on Roku and it now shows watch as a Guest or Login to Account.   This is something new as of today.  If you try to use guest to watch Roku it keeps saying there is an error and the only other option is to sign in to your Google account?   Talk about Scroogle wanting to control and know everything!   

Was this some agreement with Roku in order to keep this channel?   Why have a guest option if you won't let anyone watch this way without giving Scroogle an account to follow your actions? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube No Longer Allowing Viewing Without a Google Account??

Jump to solution

There was a problem with YouTube yesterday. It wasn't a Roku issue, as I had the same problems using my Shield players as well, which are Android based. It appears to have been resolved later in the evening, as I could again get into the players and watch content. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @LemonChiffon

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach YouTube support here.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There was a problem with YouTube yesterday. It wasn't a Roku issue, as I had the same problems using my Shield players as well, which are Android based. It appears to have been resolved later in the evening, as I could again get into the players and watch content. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos