Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHANNALU
Channel Surfer

YouTube In-video Search closes too quickly

When watching a music video on YouTube, I press the down arrow to see a list of suggested categories and next video to watch, but it quickly disappears in 2-3 seconds.  This is not how YouTube performs on a browser.   My video keeps playing behind the search for next up videos.  Basically, the search (or pop-up) remains in front of the video which is currently playing.   How can I get Roku to perform the same way?  Thank you...kind of difficult to explain, as I'm not sure of the proper terminology for what I'm describing. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SHANNALU
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube In-video Search closes too quickly

Scrolling next video works well in the YouTube app also.  Original video continues while searching for next one.  But on Roku, the search closes quickly 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@SHANNALU 

There is different code driving different methods of watching a service such as YouTube. On your computer, there is code in your browser that interprets the data and displays it.

The various apps -- Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Windows, Android, iOS are all different operating systems and have differently-coded YouTube apps -- are all built by Google. Google controls how the apps function.

If a glitch happens, you could try restarting the device to see if that clears out any glitch in the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SHANNALU
Channel Surfer

Ah, of course...that makes sense.  Thank you!!

0 Kudos