Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmadxxx
Reel Rookie

You exceeded your playback limit message on Acorn

I am trying to watch shows on Acorn TV.  When I do, I get a message that says:  You exceeded your playback limit 2000-000000-309.  I am then unable to play anything on that network.  How can this be fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
tmadxxx
Reel Rookie

Re: You exceeded your playback limit message on Acorn

Fixed problem by signing out of Acorn and then logging back in.  Oh well.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I was unable to find any information on Acorn error codes.  Thanks for reporting back.  I wish more people did this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
LizB2

I just got this message too.  Will try logging out then back in again......yes, that worked

0 Kudos
MisterCzyk
Channel Surfer

We are also getting that Exceeded Playback Limit message for Acorn. We subscribe through Roku, we don't sign in or log in to Acorn to view, so how do we sign out to fix as suggested?

0 Kudos
tmadxxx
Reel Rookie

First open up Acorn on your TV.  Then hit the * button on your Roku control.  This will bring up a list of things to do.  One of them is the option to sign out of Acorn.  Do that, then sign back in to Acorn.  This will solve your problem if it is the same one I had.

Gemma6

Just had the same problem and logging out, back in fixed it. Voila!

0 Kudos
Wickline

Did not work for me.   I signed out.  Rebooted Roku.  Sign back into acorn…..got the same message.  

Then I removed Acron from the channel list.   Reinstalled it.  Signed in again.   
GOT THE SAME ERROR CODE!   

NOW WHAT DO I DO.?

Here is what I did next…..  signed out of a Acorn, rebooted my modem and router (60 second), then rebooted Roku, signed back into Acron.   IT WORKED!   Yea!

Diana29

Didn’t work for me either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Mokat
Binge Watcher

Same problem.  I don't even have the option to remove the channel now either.  Signed in & out, updated and restarted.

0 Kudos