Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mokat
Binge Watcher

Re: You exceeded your playback limit message on Acorn

FYI, update. Yesterday I waited a couple of hours and went back into Acorn.  It was back to normal.  No idea if it is a continuing Acorn glitch or other.  Acorn did respond to my email several days ago when this was happening then that it was on their end.  

0 Kudos
Baaddare
Reel Rookie

i tried the signout singback in option to no avail

0 Kudos
lindamm99
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
BellaSofia

Thank you for all the helpful hints! I tried them all and finally what worked was when the different log-in screen came up to log-in to Acorn. No idea why that made the difference but it sure was better than climbing behind the TV again! Also submitted a service request to Acorn- have not heard anything yet. Will add to post if they offer anything helpful.

0 Kudos
JML613

I updated the Acorn app (watching thru browser worked, but not thru any app - Roku TV, iPad etc), signed out of Acorn app on Roku TV, rebooted modem, rebooted TV, logged back in to Acorn and voilà.

0 Kudos
AnneSTL

Same problem here, though for me it is currently just the AcornTV app.  Nothing from the above options seems to work.  Will let it "cool down" and try later.  Frustrating.

Also, I have no issues using AcornTV on my iPhone and also directly via the internet using either Chrome or Firefox on my Windows 10 PC.

0 Kudos

I have logged out & back in 3 times .....still not working

0 Kudos
ddkattar

Thank you! It worked by signing out and then back in again!

0 Kudos
AnneSTL

Mine is back working again.  Signed out and signed back in.  I do think it's a glitch with AcornTV.  We'll see.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that they were back in, but that they didn't have subtitles anymore.  I do have my subtitles as well.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
maddy13
Reel Rookie

I tried all the options listed here to no avail.  So I went to watch Netflix and got a message indicating an HDCP error, which meant an HDMI problem.  I replaced my HDMI cable and now everything works, including Acorn,

0 Kudos