Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: You exceeded your playback limit message on Acorn

Hi @Wickline @Diana29 @Mokat,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order to ensure the process is successful:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach Acorn TV support here 

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mokat
Binge Watcher

The option to the remove the channel is not available for Acorn when I press *.  It is available for the other premiums I subscribe to.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mokat,

Thanks for following up.

If the removal of the channel is not available, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

Note:

• If a subscription is canceled before the end of the billing cycle, you can continue to access the channel until the current billing cycle ends.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
DCS1426

Had the same issue, here's what worked for me:

1. Signed out.

2. Followed ROKU's directions to remove the Acorn channel.

3. UNPLUGGED the ROKU streaming stick for 1 minute - I think that was the key. I followed directions and simply restarted it the first time I tried to fix the issue and that didn't work. Removing power for an extended period clears the channel cache and everything reset.

4. Added the channel.

5. Signed in.

That worked. I saw a different screen when I took this approach - I got a screen that asked me to sign-up or sign-in. The first time I deleted the channel and reset ROKU the ROKU stick "remembered" my settings and I didn't get the new sign-up screen. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Mokat
Binge Watcher

I heard from Acorn, problem on their end and resolved.  So, it's working again.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mokat
Binge Watcher

Closed captions don't work now, LOL.  At least what I'm watching is in English.

0 Kudos
sierradane
Binge Watcher

After rebooting my modem, then rebooting the ROKU, re-adding ACORN TV and checking something on it to see if it works.... it worked.

I too am having the same issue with "exceeding my playback limit."  I have read every post in this thread and I have done everything that has been suggested from logging out and logging back in, removing the channel and re-adding it, rebooting my Roku, checking my internet connection, resetting my internet connection, signing into Acorn tv then signing out again... nothing.  NOTHING works.  I am still getting the message of:

2000-000000-309

You exceeded your playback limit

I don't really think the problem lies with Acorn TV.  I believe it all has to do with some Roku issue.  When I first tried to watch something this morning, on Netflix I got the black screen that said something to the effect of me needing to do something with HDMC or some such letters that had me disconnecting the ROKU from my TV then reconnecting it.  I'm sure there's at least one person here that can identify with me in reconnecting the ROKU to my TV by having to gather up a mirror and flashlight and being a contortionist to get it back in the correct spot.   This particular error occurred with any streaming that I paid for with the exception of YOUTUBE.

After doing that, I was able to bring up Netflix and Britbox to watch something, but when I tried ACORN TV, I began getting this error of exceededing my playback limit.

Nothing suggested in this thread worked for me.

Fultz5

I tried signing out and back in, did not resolve issue. But they certainly took my subscription money however; now nothing will play

Acehelper

I got the same message. Tried logging out and back in. That didn’t work for me.

Mokat
Binge Watcher

This error is back again on Acorn.  It was working fine late last night; closed captions were even working.  Yesterday, it was AMC+ that went wonky & kept making me sign in and out.  Checked all my other premiums today they're fine.  I'm just going to wait and see if it resolves itself in a couple of hours before I start the standard updating, removing, restarting etc.