Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icewolf7777
Reel Rookie

Xfinity dvr scheduled to tape quit working

Jump to solution

About 2 weeks ago the scheduled recording list no longer shows up.  When trying to check, it literally knocks me out of xfinity completely and goes to the Roku main page. 

I can see what has recorded but not what is scheduled to record. Have tried removing xfinity beta and reinstalling.  Tried resetting TV and Roku. Nothing.  Have been sending message interface isn't working.  

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Xfinity dvr scheduled to tape quit working

Jump to solution

@Icewolf7777

Appreciate the update.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Xfinity Customer Service - Contact Us

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think you need to contact Comcast about this.  They are the one that owns the Xfinity trade mark.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Icewolf7777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On our Xfinity with the cable box it works fine.  This is on a TV that we use Roku, no cable box.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Icewolf7777

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the Xfinity channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SVPunxsy

Jump to solution

Same thing has been happening to me. It’s happening on my new Roku device plus both my Roku tvs. When you try to see what is scheduled to record on the Xfinity app, the app crashes. Hopefully someone has an answer to fix this. It’s annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SVPunxsy

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the suggestion I provided in my post above? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Icewolf7777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

Tried your solution with deleting xfinity and restarting Roku then adding xfinity back, but it hasn't helped either.  Even unplugged the TV and disconnected the Roku completely with no luck. It still crashes when trying to see what is scheduled on the dvr.

Thanks for help though. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Icewolf7777

Appreciate the update.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Xfinity Customer Service - Contact Us

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Remove/Restart/Reinstall just makes sure you get a fresh copy of the current version of the channel app.   If the problem is that the current version of the channel app is defective, you're still stuck with the problem.

The Roku-compatible version of the Xfinity app is created and maintained by Xfinity.   Roku just provides the platform on which it runs.  Problems with the operation of the channel app should be referred to Xfinity.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Icewolf7777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kariza, thanks for the link to xfinity.  After messaging with a rep the issue is resolved! 

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos