Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barticus
Channel Surfer

Xfinity Stream version 6.8 (not beta) TVAPP-00101

A few days ago, the Xfinity app updated on all my Roku devices to version 6.8.0.  It has a different icon and is no longer "beta".

It works just fine on my Roku Stick attached to a Vizio TV.  However, when I try to use it on my Sharp Roku TV model LC24LB601U, I get the TVAPP-00101 error code.  All my other streaming apps (Netflix, Prime, Acorn, BritBox, etc.) work perfectly.  Everything else on my home wifi works perfectly.

I have spent over an hour on the phone with Xfinity, and had a technician out this morning.  Nobody can figure out what's wrong.

Has anyone else encountered this problem since Xfinity updated?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Xfinity Stream version 6.8 (not beta) TVAPP-00101

Hi @Barticus

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, this Xfinity article provides a solution for the error code you're receiving. If you haven't tried this method, we suggest giving it a shot: TVAPP-00101 - Xfinity Stream Error Code

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Barticus
Channel Surfer

No joy with either your procedure or xfinity's.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

There are 6 pages about that error code going back 2 years here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Xfinity-beta-error-TVAPP-00101/td-p/556614

It looks like some people posted solutions that worked for them, but that was before this update so may not be related.  Still, you may find something in that thread worth trying.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Barticus
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had read all those previous threads before I posted.  All the things they tried I've already tried.

I was trying to find out if anyone had encountered this using the NEW version.

When the comcast tech was here, he got on the phone with HIS tech support.  That person said that there were reports of problems with channels being dropped with the new version, but he was not allowed to see the details.  My problem isn't channels being dropped, but it does indicate that comcast deployed this using their normal technique - release it full of bugs and let the users find them.

The tech suggested I wait a few days to see if a new version comes out.  I'll give it a week.  If it isn't fixed after than I'm going to pull the plug on xfinity TV and get local channels through Hulu.  I am, unfortunately, stuck with comcast for high speed internet because where I live they're the only game in town (and don't they know it!).

0 Kudos
Oswulf
Reel Rookie

Yes same issue here.  After the 6.8 update (Not Beta), it quit working on my Roku 4k+ stick and my TCL Roku TV.  After a couple removes, and clearing of cache on the Sony OLED (really on the 4k+ stream stick) it worked again.  None of the dozen solutions can get it working on the TCL Roku TV at all.  Should have stayed BETA.  I am thinking of cancelling, this stream app has been WAY too troublesome.  How a large company like Xfinity cannot figure out streaming is baffling.  Going back to internet only and another service. 

0 Kudos
Oswulf
Reel Rookie

Update, still broken on 4k+ Streaming stick & TCL Roku TV.  The app and stream service in general is trash from Xfinity.  They are king on internet, but bottom of the barrel on streaming.  Signed back up for Youtube TV live service and app is snappy and works perfect on all sets/devices. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.