Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CapeVernon
Reel Rookie

Xfinity Roku Stream app Mini Guide no longer in sync with channel your on

Roku Stream Xfinity app Mini Guide no longer in sync with channel your on. If channel selected using Last Channels feature, mini guide stays as previous station when selected. Destroys ability to move to nearby channels, in an already difficult app to navigate! This started recently and makes this app an even more labor intensive to maneuver around.  Don’t you regression test when doing releases!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Xfinity Roku Stream app Mini Guide no longer in sync with channel your on

The Xfinity app is created and maintained by Infinity.  Each streaming platform on which they want it to run must be coded separately to run on that platform's operating system.  Xfinity then provides each platform with its own custom version.  Roku just supplies the platform on which the Roku-compatible Xfinity version runs.

You can ask Xfinity about the features or lack thereof in the version they created for Roku, and about their regression testing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Nervoso

Re: Xfinity Roku Stream app Mini Guide no longer in sync with channel your on

I don't really love the "we wipe our hands of this" customer unfriendly approach from Roku for these issues. 

I'm not sure what number of users access the Xfinity streaming app on the Roku platform monthly, but it would be nice if Roku made a bit more effort to work with their partners that draw significant numbers of customers to the Roku platform to have a better product.

That said, Xfinity absolutely should be testing their app on the Roku platform more thoroughly, and I've seen customers addressing it directly with them as I have the same issue.