Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAO78
Reel Rookie

Xfinity App down for last 2 days

Anyone else suffering the same?  Have tried all the recommended fixes to no avail......hard restart of all devices, TV, ROku, modem, router.......reloaded app.....nothing....get the famous error code 500.....just started out of the blue......

already talked to Xfinity and of course they are worthless....for suggestions or fixes

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity App down for last 2 days

It probably is a Comcast issue. I just checked and am having no problems. Comcast did have an issue last Friday (Nov 25) where many people lost access to many channels.

You can ask and see if there is any help on the Comcast forums:

https://forums.xfinity.com/categories/xfinity-stream/62877619fbd64d223bf58105 

0 Kudos
Skandar
Reel Rookie

Yes, same here. Had a Xfinity agent tell me that the issue is on their end and they are in the process of resolving it. 

Had my daughter check hers and the same thing for her. This is definitely on Xfinity's end. 

0 Kudos
PAO78
Reel Rookie

finally fixed it......had to delete the app entirely from ROKU, turn off ROKU, unplug the set to power down ROKU in order to clear the cache, then turn all back on, reload the xfinity streaming app and it fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Skandar
Reel Rookie

Thanks PA, they had me do that twice. No dice. My issue turns out to be that Xfinity screwed up my backend billing code to where it looks like I don’t have a TV subscription plan with channels. They are supposed to be correcting it today. We shall see. If I wasn’t in this apartment community where you have to have Xfinity I would drop these clowns like a bad habit!!

0 Kudos
Skandar
Reel Rookie

Ok, it was an issue where someone at Comcast/Xfinity screwed up my billing code to make it appear that my plan/subscription did not include any channels and that’s why I wasn’t able to watch live channels on the Stream app. What pisses me off is that I had to go four days and go through eight Xfinity agents to get them to resolve this. Here is how I know this. After I received yet another text from them on the 4th day of this mess saying please check to see if the issue is resolved, BOOM finally back to working. None of that turn this off, unplug that, reboot this and uninstall and reinstall the app, hop on one foot and say hoochie-mama ten times. None of that - it just started working again. So, if you are experiencing this where it says - ‘It looks like your plan doesn’t include any channels’ and it has the TVAPP-00500 code at the bottom and you have gone through all of the troubleshooting **bleep** on the phone with them then and it’s still not working tell them some bonehead has screwed up your billing code on the “backend” as they call it. After what all I have been through these last four days I’d like to put my foot in their backend. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos