Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Re: Xfiity Beta app giving problems

I rechecked and I do indeed have basic plus with CNN and msnbc etc. on my xfinity but when I add the CNN channel to Roku and go to it there is NO option to add service provider. There was a few days ago but not now!

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  CNN+ is brand new. Your speaking about something else. There is no CNN basic plus. Sure you don’t mean your cable tv is basic plus? Again this isn’t a Roku issue. When I get home I will post pictures on how to log in with your TV provider. CNN+ was just released on March 29th of 2022. The new CNN channel for Roku was just released about 5 days ago. CNN+ is not part of cable TV package just like ESPN+ is not part of a cable tv package 

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Thank you again,

Yes, I meant Basic Plus on Xfinity which includes CNN, etc. BUT I get no option when loading the cnn channel to put in a provider. I did a few days ago but not now. This applies to several other pgm as I have referenced before.

Tom

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

What other Roku channels? Again this isn’t a Roku issue. CNN just changed the channel with an updated version. This  new version was released 4 days ago. If you cannot figure out how to login with your tv provider then contact CNN. But believe me you can. Others have stated they can. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  Just got home. Took me 5 seconds to figure how to log into the new CNN channel. See the pictures. Hope this helps  Step 1Step 1

Step 2Step 2

Step 3Step 3

Step 4Step 4

Step 5Step 5

Step 6Step 6

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Ello,

Thank you very much for the time you took to help me out.

I did as you suggested and I was able to get the code and signed in and it said it worked and to enjoy CNN.

The problem was when I did go to the cnn channel its the same as before.

What I discovered is that you now have to scroll down on the left side and choose Channels and then select CNN. 

A week ago you simply selected CNN on the Roku and up it came. There may have been other options to select other selections like precorded shows but it defaulted to regular CNN.

Seems like a step backwards.

Again thank you for all your help.

Tom

IMG_6394.jpg

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  As I stated over and over the CNN channel changed 4 days ago. Your thinking of CNNgo. They changed the way the channel behaves to accommodate for CNN+. Either way you look at it there is a way to do it. What you see on the main screen in your picture is CNN promoting CNN+

CNNgo - Discontinued 

CNN - new design with CNN+

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

I am getting confused by the difference between CNN on Xfinity and CNN on the Xfinity app. 

When I go to channel 842 on Xfinity I see CNN live. On the Xfinity app using Roku when I go to channnel 842 I get CNN+ I guess which is different.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  Nothing to be confused about. Your making this way harder then it is. First of all the xFinity channel for Roku is “beta”. Beta means it will have bugs, crashes and is basically still in the testing phases. So maybe it’s best at this point not to use it since your getting confused. Let me go back to what I stated previously. CNN made an entirely different stand along paid subscription. This is entirely different from the CNN that comes with your XFinity or any other TV provider. It’s called CNN+ and it costs $5.99/month. I don’t have xFinity so any questions you probably should just contact them. I ditched cable tv years ago. I use YouTube TV which is cheaper and better. You can also use FuboTV or Hulu + Live TV

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Ello,

Thank you for your patience. You have been very helpful.

I understand now what has happened. Up until what 4 days ago ,CNN on Roku, not by the Xfinity app but as a channel, was the same as on Xfinity TV. I can live with it but is is far less user friendly.

0 Kudos