Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong movie playing. Similar titles, wrong version

I tried watching jury duty with Pauly shore & Tia Carrera. It played a different jury movie with Heather locklear & Alan thicke 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Wrong movie playing. Similar titles, wrong version

Hi @LAURA_KENNEDY85

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us what channel you're accessing the movie from? Is it through The Roku Channel or a different app? Please let us know so we can assist you further.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BYUAlum

I just had the same problem.

I was watching through the Roku Channel.

This movie is what shows on the screen:  https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/5c17d73e661858f3a026cc0b94685f68/jury-duty

But plays this movie: https://www.amazon.com/Great-American-Sex-Scandal/dp/B000F4RHV6, which also went by the name Jury Duty

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I've seen that happen with broadcast TV as well. The channel guide shows a title and metadata, but the actual show broadcast was something different with the same title. Unfortunately it happens on occasion. Someone just gets the info confused and posts the wrong metadata. Hopefully Roku can get the info back to the actual provider to clean it up for their channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @BYUAlum

Thanks for that information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. 

Thanks again for your continued patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos