Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me add channel with code

I can't add an unlisted channel with a code. I enter the code and check the box for the captcha, then I click add channel. The page immediately refreshes exactly the same but with the captcha unchecked. I've tried it a million times on different days etc. Is this functionality gone? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Won't let me add channel with code

Hi @dfskladkslfjs

Thanks for the post.

Recently, there were changes made to our platform which involves adding private channels. You can check out this Community thread for more information: Roku removing Private/Non-Certified Channels?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won't let me add channel with code

@dfskladkslfjs wrote:

I can't add an unlisted channel with a code. I enter the code and check the box for the captcha, then I click add channel. The page immediately refreshes exactly the same but with the captcha unchecked. I've tried it a million times on different days etc. Is this functionality gone? 

Not really, though Roku is now enforcing the limits for beta apps.

Roku had a non-certified repository for developers to get apps out there ahead of certification. But the abuse by developers in not finishing coding to standards for certification got to the point where Roku began enforcing a 120-day limit, as well as a limit to the number of beta users.

So, whatever app you're trying to add, since there's a code available, that means that either the number of beta users has been reached, or the app has passed its 120-day lifespan without being certified. You should contact the developer.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."