Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Will CNN+ be available on ROKU TV

Jump to solution

@PCNiles  And? Companies having negotiation fallouts all the time. Roku is no different then Amazon, Apple or Google. But no one on here can tell you “On May 20th CNN+ will be available on Roku”. That’s the answer you are looking for and you won’t get. 

0 Kudos
PCNiles
Binge Watcher

Re: Will CNN+ be available on ROKU TV

Jump to solution

You don’t know anymore than I know.  

0 Kudos

Will Roku support the new CNN+ streaming channel

Jump to solution

I signed up for CNN+ and didn't realize it is only streaming on Apple TV and Firestick.  I don't know that much about things like this.  Is there any way to have the channel added to Roku so I can watch on my TV?

I believe there is a way I can hook up my phone or computer to the TV with HDMI.  I'll try if I have to.  Or do I have to get a Firestick instead of  Roku?

Sorry for the questions.  I don't know how else to ask the question.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Will Roku support the new CNN+ streaming channel

Jump to solution

This has been covered before. With CNN+ launched there is no support for Android TV or Roku. But that falls on CNN themselves. They develop the CNN+ app/ channel. So only CNN can answer your question. I’m sure it’s in the works 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will Roku support the new CNN+ streaming channel

Jump to solution

@watchTeeV10 

The different ways to watch CNN+ are located here on CNN website. https://help.cnn.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001006)

You can certainly sign up for a CNN+ subscription on their website and then cast it to your Roku, or use a HDMI cable from laptop (or even phone with appropriate adapter) connected to your TV.

I would assume CNN+ will eventually develop a Channel/app for the Roku platform.  There are rumored release dates online, but haven't seen any linked sources.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

CNN+ is Coming to Roku Today

Jump to solution

Everyone can stop complaining. It’s here 

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cnn-is-coming-to-roku-today/

0 Kudos
Mkr1
Reel Rookie

Re: CNN+ is Coming to Roku Today

Jump to solution

I’ve yet to find it anywhere as of today. I’ve searched channels, streaming channels, news channels,etc. 

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The day isn’t over

0 Kudos
Mkr1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

True enough. But figured it out. Download the regular CNN app & sign in with your CNN+ account. Ta-da!

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It’s there now. Relax. Calm down. The only CNN channel prior to today available on Roku was CNNgo. But now there is a CNN channel which covers CNN tv provider and CNN+. The article mentions that 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/d5ad40d414a59b3641556ec7804f5bf7/cnngo

0 Kudos