Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tammerah
Reel Rookie

Why so many right wing propaganda news outlets on here?

Can’t believe the number of right wing supposed to be news channels on here.  It’s shameful to spread lies through these channels like Newsmax and OAN.  No wonder this country is divided.  People are being fed lies over factual news.

5 REPLIES 5
mdshome

Re: Why so many right wing propaganda news outlets on here?

Because not everyone likes CNN. Feel free to continue watching your preferred news outlet.

davidjazz
Roku Guru

Roku is an open platform available to anyone or any company that creates a channel. You have freedom of choice to watch or avoid any channel. Would you deny that freedom to others? You could ask the same question about all the religion channels on Roku. I think religion is bunk, but that's my opinion. No one forces me to watch, so why should I care what others choose to believe?

Tammerah
Reel Rookie

Agree.    Misleading though to say News and Opinion as category when the only shows listed are opinions.  Would be good to have more options.

UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@Tammerah 

The opinions are based upon news analysis (they report news stories, then analyze them sometimes), hence "news and opinion" - it's a "logic thing", so it may be confusing.

EmuEatsU

Yes! It's disturbing how many there are