Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Momoprobs
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

This Reddit thread fixed my issue. 

TL;DR: unplug modem/router for 1 min then reset Roku from System menu

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/qwbwwy/tcl_roku_tv_has_strong_wifi_connection_but_all/?utm_so...

0 Kudos
WillViharo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"L;DR: unplug modem/router for 1 min then reset Roku from System menu"

One of the first things I tried, maybe 1o times. No dice 

HD19

Jump to solution

This exact thing happened with my HBO max today & with Hulu last week. I did everything they suggest-update channel, remove & add channel, unplug TV, restart TV. The last thing I tried was the only thing that solved both channel issues-reset the internet router.

0 Kudos
rok-user
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

owner of a TCL ROKU tv; tried ALL suggestions in this thread over the past week - nothing worked to get hbo max playing again.  hbo max app works fine on my sony and samsung TVs. SO - ROKU/TCL needs to fix this; and/or i will stop buying either brands' products ever again. and, i'll be sure to tell others to stay away from ROKU/TCL products and services as well. hardware vendors seem to forget we are paying for streaming services monthly; so, when the hardware won't play the content we are paying for, that equipment is wasting our money and our time... i don't appreciate either being wasted. at this point in the message thread, if roku had made ANY public statement owning up to and/or at least apologizing for this wide-spread issue and told us they were actively investigating and working on a fix, i would feel better about the situation. but, since no one at roku seems to care about us, i'm awfully close to not caring about them.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku has responded, although not directly here. They are rolling the last OS update back to the previous version, which should resolve the issue for most users. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Should've been done weeks ago. We'll check it out after the turn of the year. Maybe Roku's advertisers not having their ads seen during the peak holiday season will make Roku understand the importance of not ghosting people.

0 Kudos
M4y0s

Jump to solution

I have a xiaomi tv box for years, a television with andoid tv and my new television equipment is with the ROKU system.

Roku is light years behind Android tv, on all my devices have my applications at hand. In roku there is no star + apart from the fact that I have constant errors with Directvgo and HBO MAX that I do not have on any other devices.

Never buy a system that brings more disadvantages than advantages, I regret having Roku and also that I never mentioned that they want to fix something.

The only thing they respond to is a copy paste to restart the router or the system, which is usually the first thing one does, even a 10-year-old child

0 Kudos
rok-user
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

they obviously did not "roll it back" for all users; because, my tv and others' tvs are still not being offered the system firmware version downgrade; even if we manually check for updates every day. also, this particular community thread has been open for a month and a half. plus, there are several other threads saying the same thing on roku's own site, at hbo support, on reddit, etc. i therefore stand by my complaint that people have been having this issue for a LONG time with no definitive corporate response or solution. who wants to refund me for the time i've missed on my hbo subscription?

Szymonik
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I found the solution!!

Today I bought an Amazon 4K Fire Stick and guess what? 

ALL the channels, including HBO Max, work great!

Roku? Going back tomorrow. Thanks for wasting hours of my life.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

On topic for this thread: over the past few days I've tried HBO Max on all three of my Ultras (4640, 4670, 4800) and my Premiere 3920, and all work fine. All three players are on 10.5. For my non-Roku players, my '17 Shield works fine but my '19 Shield is worthless for Max. HBO has terrible app programmers, and they can't seem to get it right for all platforms. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos