Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRK1
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

Note that I did try just removing HBO Max, restarting, and re-adding. That didn't work.

Szymonik
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

NOTHING works to get HBO Max to launch on my new Roku. Five HOURS of troubleshooting. HBO Max just continues to crash on launch. Do you guys even test this stuff?

Graybeard1201
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this did not work for me, I have removed all extra channels and still MAX or Prime won’t work

Graybeard1201
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So here it is 3 days and nothing has been done, I have uninstalled all apps except HBO MAX and Prime, cleared cache, rebooted and neither MAX or Prime will work, I have tried installing Nexflux as well as Hulu and all I get is attempt to start video then redirect to Home Screen, someone help, this is getting out of hand

MsMariaG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,
I have followed this thread for over a week and have done everything.  Contacted the app service for help, deleted and reinstalled, reset Roku Tv, cleared cache, EVERYTHING!  I also called my internet provider and had them look into my service, which they confirmed is working just fine. 

At this point Hulu, Disney+, ESPN, HBO Max, and Peacock is not working on my TCL Roku TV. Who can help me out with this because my family and I are becoming very frustrated. 

Thank you, I look forward to a response.

Tags (1)
Szymonik
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It really is pathetic - makes you wonder if they ever do any testing!

JDH-DC

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

In addition, make sure that you get the latest HBO Max channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 
You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? 

Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Regards,
Mary

This worked for me.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Graybeard1201
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi RokuMary!

most of us who are having issue have performed these steps numerous times, just walked through them again, I am still having the same issue, whether HBOMAX or Amazon Prime, both can be brought up on my iPhone and on my PS5.

CRK1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What Graybeard1201 said ^. I thought I had the issue resolved but it is still occurring intermittently.

Szymonik
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've now invested at least seven (7) HOURS into trying to get HBO Max to work on a new Roku. This is beyond absurd. I ordered an Amazon Fire Stick. First one that works, I'm keeping.