Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgasbord
Streaming Star

Re: HBO Max programs suddenly won’t play

Jump to solution

I do not have a problem coming from a "free trial." I have HBOMax since I subscribe to HBO on DirecTV. So, the login information originally comes from there, not a free trial.

0 Kudos
smorgasbord
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It also seems quite premature to list that as "The Solution"

0 Kudos
FortUkor

Jump to solution

In my case, the HBOmax app is opening and playing fine for the trial on my original Roku, but not on the 2nd Roku I just purchased several days ago.  Other apps are opening /playing fine on this ‘new’ Roku, with the exception of Warner Archive, which also will not open at all.  The HBOMax app does open to black and the three swirling dots at the bottom, then closes after about 20-30 seconds.  The Warner Archive doesn’t even get that far.

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@smorgasbord wrote:

It also seems quite premature to list that as "The Solution"

This is absolutely unbelievable.

@RokuDanny-R, why would you do that? After over 180 posts, spanning nearly three months, it's clear that this is a problem affecting more than just the HBO Max app. 

Post after post points to Roku itself being the main contributor to the issue, more than likely with faulty programming/coding via an update, so why in the world would you mark your post as 'the' solution?

What's more frustrating is that your solution doesn't work!

Please unmark your last post here as a viable solution. It's misleading to those doing a search on the forums and is nothing more than a form of gaslighting to those who've been working with Roku all these months. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Cnieto22

Jump to solution

Did you figure out a solution yet??

0 Kudos
mariposalinda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just signed up for a trial and cannot get it to load at all. I've restarted the roku and checked the software, but it is still not working. I am reluctant to cancel the trial to remove the app, since I don't know if I will be able to reinstitute the trial. Can you give me any suggestions?

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes:  don't listen to the moderators and go get an Amazon Fire Stick. All of your problems will be solved. 

As for us, we did exactly what we said we were going to do and stayed off of Roku until the turn of the year. That means that Roku advertisers lost any chance of reaching us through that platform.

And not only did we stay off of Roku, but we also purchased three Amazon Fire Sticks as Christmas presents for family members.  

I understand that our money is nothing more than a drop in the bucket to Roku. But it's our drop, so when Roku fails to follow through on resolving customer complaints, and then tries to gaslight them into thinking it's either the customer's fault or an app developer's fault, when consistent evidence shows otherwise, that's when we decide to take our little drop and put it into someone else's bucket.

0 Kudos
sprite34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was given a Roku streambar for xmas and was told by online support to return it due to no channels would play.  Selecting any channel would only flip back to the home screen. Returned that unit and the second one did the exact same thing. I wonder why the first support person did not relay this issue even existed. I opened up a ticket and gave them all the info required for them to investigate. Then just the other day I received an email stating they have not heard from me in a while and we will now be closing the ticket? HUH. I think I will be returning it back to the store. 

0 Kudos
scottandreggina
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R , if the above is true, then why have you marked this thread as solved?  Actually, now that I think of it, even if it's not true, why is it marked as solved?

0 Kudos
HMac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me!  

0 Kudos