Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfc
Level 9

Re: YouTube not working Sept 2021

Jump to solution

I'm also having the YouTube problem but only on my model 3800x Roku Sticks. YouTube is working without any problems on my 3810x Roku Stick+.

bribiz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have same issue.  Tried everything above.  I have 5 Roku devices that have worked fine for over a year until yesterday.  The problem is with both YouTube TV and YouTube.  It is only those 2 apps.  Sure sounds like it's related to Roku and YouTube dispute.  The app was last updated Sep 2nd so it's not a YouTube app update. Now we have no access to regular tv.  It seems to me Roku is blocking access since it's a network issue only affecting YouTube apps.  Roku please fix asap so I don't have to go buy Chromecast devices.  I'm like many users who use YouTube for most of my time using Roku devices.

RokuKariza-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@GreParo @Debbie3174 @dfc @bribiz

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Check out my last post in this thread. If you're getting the error mentioned there, please be advised that we are aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is already looking into it. Also, if you have more information or wanted to discuss the problem related to 'Can't run channel' error message, post it in this thread: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Otherwise, if you're getting a totally different error message, please tell us more about it. With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Shansky
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the ideas/workarounds, but I'm not jumping thru hoops for a service and product I pay for.  I don't want to be part of their squabble, so I'll vote with my feet.  I was looking at HULU and now you gave me the motivation to leave.  I'm also jumping to the Fire Stick.  Too bad, since I've been with ROKU and Youtube TV since the spring of 2018.  A curse on both your houses.

StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@dfc wrote:

I'm also having the YouTube problem but only on my model 3800x Roku Sticks. YouTube is working without any problems on my 3810x Roku Stick+.

These specific app loading issues will only be experienced on low memory models (512MB), like the 3800.

The 3810 has 1GB, so it will not experience these issues.

Effectively the the issue is caused by sloppy coding and ever-increasing-memory-usage for firmware,  middleware (mostly hidden mostly-Roku apps), and apps.

0 Kudos
Melinda805
Level 7

Jump to solution

As of today Youtube will not load on my two Roku's.  I have update/restarted/unplugged with no success.  Is Roku working on this issue?  

0 Kudos
dubnationd
Level 7

Jump to solution

youtube will not load on my Roku express the last 3 days.

everything is up to date.

0 Kudos
grlaux
Level 7

Re: YouTube not working Sept 2021 OR ATTTV

Jump to solution

This is outrageous JUST FIX IT

grlaux
Level 7

Re: YouTube not working Sept 2021 OR ATTTV

Jump to solution

I just restarted and everything loads.  THANKS FOR NOTHING!

0 Kudos
SMc2
Level 7

Jump to solution

ERRORS....You Tube not working, and can't load channels, I'm so frustrated, and you can't talk to anyone, and the chat is unavailable!!!!!!!UGH. UGH. UGH. UGH 

0 Kudos