Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hulu not working on Roku

The same thing has been happening with Hulu on my Roku as well. Hulu will open like normal but when you select an episode to watch, the load screen appears briefly and then it goes back to the Show main page. I've tried all solutions suggested earlier in the thread (restarting Roku, uninstalling and reinstalling Hulu, etc.) but nothing has resolved the issue.

Device: Roku 2 HD

Model Number: 2720X

Software Version: 10.0.0.4195

0 Kudos
seremarcus
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same problem with my roku, only netflix and roku work. Hulu, HBO, Amazon prime do exactly like everyone else here with the problem.  I've done everything listed here and nothing makes it work.  

Roku Model: 2720X    Serial No 1RG4ASO79915

0 Kudos
Diana_
Reel Rookie

Hulu won't load show I've been streaming. I followed instructions by removing Hulu app, resetting by restarting, and then added Hulu again but the show still won't load. I'm out of ideas! I've gone through the steps three times to no avail. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks, Diana

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Diana_

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-What title are you trying to specifically watch
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I am just not going to waste my time. MASH.

0 Kudos
thefappis

I am also having an issue opening the Hulu app on my new Streaming Stick 4K. The Hulu app doesn't make it past the load screen (I see the Hulu logo and sometimes hear the sound it makes while loading, and then my Roku immediately returns to the main menu.

I've ensured my software is updated and I have tried uninstalling the app, clearing the cache, and reinstalling the app. I also factory reset the Roku last night and that did not solve the issue.

I've included the information requested from everyone else in this thread. Is Roku support able to help me figure this out? Thanks in advance!

-Roku device model: 3820X Streaming Stick 4K
-Serial number: X01700F3A9EW
-Device ID: S08Y41C3A9EW
-Software OS/version: 10.5.1, Build 4066-CU
(these can all be found in Settings System About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? Hulu Version 6.57, Build 0
-What title are you trying to specifically watch? The Hulu app crashes at the load screen, so I cannot even select a title to try and watch.
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) EW-027-000
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? This happens every time I try and open the Hulu app.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @thefappis

Appreciate the details!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thefappis

Hi Kariza,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have tried uninstalling and restarting the Roku both through the Settings menu (as you suggested) and also by unplugging the device for several minutes before reinstalling the Hulu app. That unfortunately does not resolve the issue. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

John

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@thefappis

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along the information you provided above to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once we got an update, we'll let the Community know immediately.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gn581

Hulu message states I need to upgrade from LT to a newer ROKU.  I bought Roku Express but when I plug in, I can't get my HDMI setting on my TV.  Is this an internet connectivity issue? Never got a setup page  According to a network check, my connection is excellent.  LT work well for everything else  I would like to watch HULU on something other than my computer.  What can I do?

0 Kudos