Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bakshifamily
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu not working on Roku

Thanks.  Yes I do think it's something for both Disney/Hulu and Roku to figure out.  Let's hope they do it quickly.

0 Kudos
fanatafood

I have a TCL Roku TV. For some reason there’s a button for hulu on the remote but i don’t even have the option to download hulu on the tv. i search it and nothing comes up. what do i do to get hulu on the tv? 

0 Kudos
bakshifamily
Reel Rookie

Fantafood - not sure about that issue.  The good news about my original question - we figured it out.  We hit the "reset" button on the Roku TV (back side panel) and voila!  Hulu and Disney+ are working now.  Perhaps you can try that too?  You will likely have to sign in to all your apps again which can be painful.  It retained most of our subscriptions.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fanatafood 

Thanks for the post.

Where are you currently located?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ctandy

Hitting Reset on our Roku tv (back of tv on right side) worked.  Had to login fresh to our Hula and Disney+ accounts but they load now! Thankful for finding this post!!!

0 Kudos
Thrilling

I just did the system restart and that fixed hulu for me.

0 Kudos
LadyVaJedi

I have a Roku TV and Hulu and Disney Plus aren't working.  I have Netflix and HBOMax these are working.  I also checked on laptop Hulu and Disney are working.  I have Uninstaller Hulu and Disney and then I turned off the TV and I reinstalled the apps and it didn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LadyVaJedi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try to do a manual update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Reboot your Roku device and try again the channel.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
RachelW

Hulu was working fine on my roku tv then all of a sudden it wont load. I have no problem with my other devices and one of them is a roku device. But the actual roku tv wont work. I have tried deleting and redownloading. What do i do??? My remote even has a hulu button!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RachelW,

Thanks for the post.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos