Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GigEmGayle
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu not working on Roku

I agree. If Hulu works on my smart TV but not on Roku, then it tells me the issue is with Roku and not Hulu. When I go to my recordings it won't pause or let me start from the beginning. But when I go to Hulu from my smart TV it let's me start from the beginning just fine. Problem is with Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

ROKU DIDN'T CREATE THE HULU CHANNEL/APP!  Keep blaming Roku.  It will do you no good.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GigEmGayle
Reel Rookie

Yeah, that makes perfect since. Since Roku didn't invent the app it must be Hulu's fault. Nevermind that the Hulu app works on EVERY OTHER DEVICE in my home EXCEPT Roku...must definitely be Hulu's fault?! Calm down @renojim . I DID contact Hulu as well, and guess what- THEY didn't blame it on Roku. They said to "check in with Roku". They are checking on their end as well. At least I got better customer service via Hulu. Is Roku's lack of customer service Hulu's fault as well?????

0 Kudos
Kturk1983

Nobody cares. Hulu works fine on ALL devices we own besides Roku. So I assume theynhave **bleep** prigrammers and we should invest in fire stick. I'll also tell all who ask Roku is a **bleep** app if you also want hulu. If I can use Hulu on my phone, tablet, laptop, and gaming system. Then Roku is the weak link. Screw them. I'm done.

DougSleeter
Channel Surfer

I have the same issues as many people are reporting here. It's been broken since Aug 2020.

- Roku Ultra, just upgraded from Roku stick because I thought that would fix it. NOT.

- Hulu enhance DVR subscription.

- Have restarted, removed/re-added Hulu App as suggested on many sites.

Symptoms:

- For all live channels - Cannot Pause, forward, rewind, skip commercials, or start over. Even on the ones we're recording.

- For recordings, it's intermittent as to which features (pause, rewind, fast forward, etc.) work and do not work.

Basically, NOTHING about the Hulu subscription works. I've complained to support twice via online chat. Nice apologies and acknowledgement that there are issues, but no resolution and it's been 4 months.

0 Kudos
Craig3

My hulu is not working as it always does every couple of months usually we call but now we can't because no one is there. I paid for it thru roku and it won't send me an email to retrieve my password. I paid for this service through roku and I'm really not happy that I can't even get help to fix it. I was told before that it has to do with the third party licensing when it updates! 

DougSleeter
Channel Surfer

As of today, Dec, 19, 2020, Hulu on Roku Ultra is still not working correctly.

Issues:

• Cannot start from beginning on recorded shows
  • Cannot reliably skip commercials, even though we have Live TV plus commercial skip.
  • Cannot reliably add or remove things from "my stuff"
  • Cannot recover deleted space in Manage DVR. After deleting nearly everything, it still shows we have less than 50% of space available.
  • Intermittently, cannot pause live TV

Model: Roku Ultra - Model 4800X, Software version 9.41, build 4222-C2, serial #X01000Y8V2C3

Hulu Version 6.37 - build 2

I have checked for updates on both Hulu, and on Roku, but both say it's up to date.

These problems have continued for about 3 months, on and off. Getting very frustrating and I don't know who to call. Roku? Hulu? Both? Please help

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Start with Hulu.  There the one's getting the bulk of the money you're paying for your subscription and all of the money if you're not subscribed through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bakshifamily
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue.  It's unacceptable for Roku to not take accountability for this.

DougSleeter
Channel Surfer

Thanks. I have connected with Hulu support. They say it's been fixed. And most functionality is fine on my browser and tv-apps. But not when I use Roku.  I think it's something that the two companies have to solve together. Not sure, but evidence points that way.

0 Kudos