Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: WW84 using HBO Max causes Roku to overheat

@mvneufeld

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mvneufeld
Reel Rookie

As I wrote in my post, my Roku Streaming Stick overheats with Amazon Prime and HBO Max. I got the extender from Roku and I am using it, but the Roku Streaming Stick still overheats.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mvneufeld

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still experiencing an issue when using an HDMI extender, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sarfdog

Hello, i have the Roku 3920x.  Yesterday while streaming from HBO Max.  We received a HDMI error, requesting us to unplug the HDMI cable from both the TV and Roku device.  And power cycle both items.  The error stated the HDMI cable was out of something for HDMI 2.2.  sorry i don't remember.

The heat issues appears to give a black screen, for a few seconds.  Other channels i have attributed that to poor loading of commercials.  In HBO Max, there may not be a commercial for quite some time after that, ie may be 5 to 10 min later.

Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos