Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbechdol
Reel Rookie

Re: Why do we have to watch commercials about pubic hair?

Yes thank you for looking into this. We’ve been seeing this commercial on the Paramount App around 8pm. I was going to discontinue Paramount. but it seems to be playing on many of the other apps as well including Roku’s channel.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dcampbell

Inappropriate commercials

"What the .. " Roku commercial, Really??? what's next " KIss my ", 

Skyview

Re: Inappropriate commercials

Bad taste but then so are Oann & Newsmax. Oh well. 

0 Kudos
HeatherWva

Re: How to hide Inappropriate Commercials

I am interested in knowing this as well.  I find so many of the ads inappropriate and I want them to stop!  I do not want to see a commercial with dancing pubic hair.  It's vulgar and disgusting. 

I wish Roku would take note and give us the option to block these ads as inappropriate.  

0 Kudos
adrefs
Channel Surfer

We had the EXACT same issue when watching a "free" program on the Roku channel.  All of the sudden up pops an ad for some pubic hair cream!  It was disgusting and Roku doesn't allow you to skip or fast forward past them!  This is unacceptable!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about the ads you see on the Roku device. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within an app. The respective channel solely chooses the contents and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. Please also be aware that while we can't please everyone with the ads that are displayed, we do strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might not agree with.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuJanadeeK I'm sorry but in this case you are wrong. The channel that @adrefs  was referencing was The Roku Channel, so yes indeed Roku is responsible for the commercial content. I have to agree that this isn't the sort of advertisement that belongs on a general content media stream.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Beth1115

I have seen the pubic hair commercial, as well as different Peacock Love Island commercials over and over while watching everything from Unsolved Mysteries to Hoarders-even Christian shows. The Love Island ones are rated at least R. “…stick my tongue down a guy’s throat” for instance. (sorry for being so explicit). My young son said “gross!” I pay for Roku each month and am ready to pull the subscription.

0 Kudos
Beth1115

Great idea. It’s my next task.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

"I pay for Roku each month and am ready to pull the subscription."

The Roku Channel is FREE. If you are watching subscription channels through The Roku Channel, then it is that service responsible for the ads. If you are just paying Roku for standalone subscriptions, it still applies.

0 Kudos