Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbechdol
Reel Rookie

Why do we have to watch commercials about pubic hair?

If I have to sit through one more commercial that has dancing pubic hair I am discontinuing my subscription with Roku. Roku if you want to please your customers show some professionalism. Children, Grandparents and the entire human race, does not enjoy watching pubic hairs sing and dance on our t.v screens. I don’t want to see women pick their wedgies and discuss their menstrual discharge as they march around like absolute morons. I do not want to see cartoons about pubic hair. Please stop with the idiocracy!

29 REPLIES 29
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Why do we have to watch commercials about pubic hair?

When you mention issues with ads or similar, please note which channel/service you are seeing it on. Roku is only responsible for The Roku Channel.

I haven't seen that ad, but one thing I do know: That's METAL, in my LUNGS!!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Kbechdol wrote:

If I have to sit through one more commercial that has dancing pubic hair I am discontinuing my subscription with Roku. 

There is no subscription "to" Roku itself. Perhaps you've subscribed to something "through" Roku, and in that case we would need to know the channel you're watching. But you don't pay anything (other than the original purchase) to have and use a Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
NotBlind
Reel Rookie

No Dan, That is not the case.  This appeared in my feed as well...on the ROKU channel.  Fortunately no young ones in the room to have to explain why stupid people make stupid commercials.  If commercials like this weren't so cringy and pathetic it would be funny, but they are and it's not.

ROKU please answer the question, and give your viewers a solution to have family friendly content and opt out of this junk.

NotBlind
Reel Rookie

Re: Who can I contact about feedback on commercials seen on Roku

Same here. Has Roku responded to any of these threads regarding this?  Cringy to say the least.  There needs to be a way not allow the junk.  We're about ready to ditch the streaming apps, just like we did with Netflix.

NotBlind
Reel Rookie

How to hide Inappropriate Commercials

Is there no way to set a content rating allowed for commercials on Roku, other than terminate the streaming service? I have read similar questions and they seem to devolve and never have any resolution. This is a technical question. How do I limit or bypass inappropriate/unwanted commercial content specifically while streaming on the Roku Channel?  

Strega
Roku Guru

Re: How to hide Inappropriate Commercials

I’m not aware of any such feature on the streaming player devices themselves.  There might be some channels/apps that have such a feature. The streaming apps I use on Roku have no commercials, so I guess they have that feature or don’t need that feature depending on your point of view.

0 Kudos
Indianagirl1963
Reel Rookie

Why do we have to watch commercials about pubic hair?

I absolutely agree with you. It is unbelievably inappropriate. 

Advertisers would understand that TV is broadcasted in public businesses too.  The waiting room at my auto repair shop for example where parents and their CHILDREN are. 

Children do not need to hear advertisements like this.  Its disgusting. 

I would definitely not purchase the item due to the inappropriate advertisement content.  

It's awful. 

Iona-D
Roku Guru

I never experience anything like this when I stream on my Roku devices during the several years I had my devices.  Which is not to say that it never happened or questioning ad content appropriness.  

If I ever saw something on the screen I don't like or don't want my minors to see it, I simply turn to another channel.  This is still within your immediate power as well.

The End.

0 Kudos
Rb_InMt
Reel Rookie

Came in from the garage a little while ago, I keep the tv on when coming and going when working out there to see what is in the news.  My question is why am I seeing a commercial about a vaginal suppository in the middle of the day?