Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Suddenly getting ads on NETFLIX and AMAZON PRIME!

@NohoNoel  There are no ads while watching Prime. But if your talking about IMDbTV inside Prime then yes. Upload has no ads. Only a preview on other Prime movies or shows. Not ads. I think you’re completely mistaken The difference between an ad and a preview

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@NohoNoel wrote:

Curious...I'm wondering the same as the ads don't play on the same content with my Fire TV. Seems like Roku thing to me. 

Since Amazon sells the Fire TV devices, it's entirely possible they treat the two devices differently. That's all on Amazon. Roku has no say in what Prime Video does within its channel, as long as it meets the standards of conduct under the Roku developers requirements. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DIYGirl

It’s definitely PRIME who has begun showing full ads during movies despite having a Prime membership. For my TV, this has just started Dec 2022. Very annoying. Any ideas as to the reason? 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Verify the source of the movie. Prime also carries stuff from FreeVee (formerly ImDB TV). That is ad-supported, even with a Prime subscription.

0 Kudos