Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkimmiller
Channel Surfer

Why do I only get my ESPN + content on one of my Rokus?????

I have several Rokus in my home, and have an annual ESPN+ subscription through Roku. I've noticed that I have one Roku in particular (a Streaming Stick) that only sometimes will not play the content. I get a message on the screen that says my provider doesn't allow it. I can go to another Roku and play the program with no problem. I contacted Roku Support, and they were no help at all - in fact, they wanted to go through Billing, unsubscribe my year long subscription, have me wait for a refund! I absolutely refused to have them do that - after all, I can still see it on my other Roku, my computer, and my phone! Has anyone else run into this crazy problem? Is it Roku or ESPN causing the problem?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Why do I only get my ESPN + content on one of my Rokus?????

I own 3 Roku TVs 2 westinghouse and one sharp and I never have an issue with ESPN+, but I don't subscribe through Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Why do I only get my ESPN + content on one of my Rokus?????

Hi @bkimmiller

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on ESPN Plus Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected ESPN Plus Channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos