Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallyn3
Binge Watcher

Re: CNN and MSNBC news not working,

There are more than one ways to access it and most do not work!

hurst
Reel Rookie

Same here CNN and MSNBC will not load. 

GaryB007
Streaming Star

Why watch those biased liars anyway.

0 Kudos
Edunning

Why is news being interfered with? Shame on you!!! Don’t do it.

Johann_Cat

I have the same problem.  MSNBC was by far the most useful, easiest to navigate news channel, and around the time of the election, or a few days thereafter, it broke.  It freezes, loses audio synch (or the audio continues over a frozen image), or, the best, it crashes the entire Roku system.  I have used Roku for five years and never seen anything remotely like this.  The entire system may need to be re-booted twice a year.  MSNBC as of the November election crashes the system.  It has obviously been hacked or intentionally broken, and I am mystified that Roku themselves don't know how this happened.  Please do not tell me to reboot the system or uninstall and re-install the &%$#*(&  channel.  I did all of that within five minutes of the first failure, and this has been a problem for six weeks.   Fix it.

feraljazz
Reel Rookie

Re: Why CNN and MSNBC news not working on Roku?

I tried all the suggestions mentioned but none of them worked.  I finally got it to work by not clicking on the nbc app. but clicking on the app. with just the peacock image with no printing.  Just a white bird against dark blue.  From there you go to the top and scroll over to msnbc, click and there you go.  At least it worked for us.

0 Kudos
feraljazz
Reel Rookie

Re: Why CNN and MSNBC news not working on Roku?

I see that my fix only got me to a different msnbc channel of news.  To get to Rachel Maddow and the rest I had to sign into Optumus which is now runs suddenlink.  After that we got msnbc live with Rachel etc...Phew!

0 Kudos