Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jalanopi
Reel Rookie

Who/How can I report an error with a program on the Roku Channel?

There is a mislabeled episode of "Earth: Final Conflict" on Roku.  It's a small error but the bigger point is that I don't see any mechanism to report any errors involving Roku Channel programs. 

The episode names are correct but numbering and therefore viewing order is wrong.  Season 1 final episodes "The Joining" and "Destruction" are numbered Ep 21 and Ep 22 in ERROR.  They are reversed.  "Destruction" is actually Ep 21 and "The Joining" is actually Ep 22.  This is important for continuity because the series star dies at the end of "The Joining" and is very much alive and well in "Destruction".

Roku should have an easier mechanism to report errors or problems with programs.

11 REPLIES 11
smith-david
Binge Watcher

Re: Who/How can I report an error with a program on the Roku Channel?

@Jalanopi wrote:

There is a mislabeled episode of "Earth: Final Conflict" on Roku.  It's a small error but the bigger point is that I don't see any mechanism to report any errors involving Roku Channel programs. 

The episode names are correct but numbering and therefore viewing order is wrong.  Season 1 final episodes "The Joining" and "Destruction" are numbered Ep 21 and Ep 22 in ERROR.  They are reversed.  "Destruction" is actually Ep 21 and "The Joining" is actually Ep 22.  This is important for continuity because the series star dies at the end of "The Joining" and is very much alive and well in "Destruction".

Roku should have an easier mechanism to report errors or problems with programs.

I agree a means needs be available.
I am watching "Heartbeat" Season 1 is actually season 2. Episode labels fit season 1 but the actual video is season 2

I notice no replies to original post leading me to believe no official answer is even under consideration.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@smith-david

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the content you are reporting? What channel are you watching the episodes on?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clawdogg

Wicked App I purchased yesterday will not play !! 

0 Kudos
smith-david
Binge Watcher

the channel is labeled "ROKU"

the show is labeled "Heartbeat"

The show is also listed on a different app, but on that app season One is unavailable, so the second season is the first available.

On the ROKU channel all the labels and descriptions of episodes of season One agree with seasons listed in IMDB, but are actually season two. The mismatch seems to be throughout the entire series. ROKU does not have season One available though it is labeled, thus EVERY episode is mislabeled.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101114/reference
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101114/episodes?season=1

SEASON ONE does not seem to available anywhere. I would like my wife to see the beginning so she can enjoy the whole series with me.

0 Kudos
Jalanopi
Reel Rookie

What part did you not understand?  I gave you the channel (Roku), the series name (Earth: Final Conflict), and the mismatched episode names and numbers!  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jalanopi @smith-david

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kb1jop
Channel Surfer

I have a similar problem with Miami Vice on Roku Channel. When you pick Season 1 Episode 3, it loads Episode 2. Can this be fixed? Isn't there a better way than this to report programming errors?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kb1jop

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jalanopi
Reel Rookie

Just tell the truth.  Does anyone with Roku actually care about "the details"???