Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
photojon131
Reel Rookie

Where does one provide feedback on App Usability

Jump to solution

We have several Roku Streaming sticks and I'm sure like many in the community subscribe to several streaming services.  It is frustrating the changes in behavior when moving from one app (service) to another.  YouTube TV different then Netflix, HBOMax, etc.  Where does one provide feedback to the developers of these apps?  I am currently batting with the use model of Amazon Prim Video.  Two specific areas of gripe!  (1) when watching a series, I have to continually do a search to find the series or finish an episode....They don't have a "continue watching" selection... (2) the rewind....if one wants to just back up 10 or 20 seconds to repeat the dialog, the rewind button is more like a 10x rewind...WTH....

Thanks and appreciate the comments.

Jon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where does one provide feedback on App Usability

Jump to solution

Each channel/app on Roku devices is offered by third parties. Roku only offers and supports The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. For any other channels, you need to contact the provider of that channel. For example, YouTube is provided by Google, HBO Max by HBO, Prime Video by Amazon, and so forth. Roku has no control of the functionality of these channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Each channel/app on Roku devices is offered by third parties. Roku only offers and supports The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. For any other channels, you need to contact the provider of that channel. For example, YouTube is provided by Google, HBO Max by HBO, Prime Video by Amazon, and so forth. Roku has no control of the functionality of these channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
photojon131
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.  I understand Roku doesn't have control of the apps content but I thought there might be some unified "feedback" channel broken down by specific app, that Roku users could post to and the 3rd party companies (eg Amazon) could visit to see feedback on their products.  Is this something the Roku Community could spearhead?  Otherwise we are all adrift trying to find out how to provide feedback on each vendors site.

Thanks