Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil13764
Streaming Star

When stoppiing a series how do I save the place I last viewed

I am watching 1883 on the Paramont Plus channel on my Roku Ultra. When I stop viewing for the day, how do I mark it (maybe to "add to List" ) so that the next time I open the series it starts at the place I last stopped?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When stoppiing a series how do I save the place I last viewed

@Neil13764

Features like that (continue watching, or Resume) are generally contained within the channel/app itself. Not all the channels/apps have a continue watching or resume feature.

I would think Paramount would have it somewhere though.

Otherwise, Roku has introduced a universal/platform-wide Save List in 11.5 which has added some additional functions like the continue watching.

To see if it available for Paramount, select 1883 and press the * button on your Roku remote. You should be presented an option "Add to Save List."

To view your Save List (and continue playing episodes if available), go to the "What to Watch" section. (should be on your Home Screen Menu on left side of screen. If you do not see "What to Watch", you may have to enable it from Settings/Home Screen/What to Watch [Show].

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Neil13764
Streaming Star

It appears that Paramount plus does have some sort of way for me to add to list and then get back to where I stopped viewing but not a very good method.

I have a similar issue with a different series. I have added "midsomer murders" to the list. When I then use the list to go back, I get a list of channels and I chose to use Roku channel and started playing but when I go back to the list and go to midsomer murders, I still get the list of 15 or 20 channels that show it. Is there a way to have it automatically know that I chose the roku channel previously and it should use it again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Neil13764

If you watch something (either a movie or a series) from within Roku Channel, then you can resume watching that content by going to the "Continue Watching" section of the Roku Channel.

Basically, just launch the Roku Channel, look for the "Continue Watching" section, and either resume where you left off or choose new episodes after making your selection.

As for the Save List taking you to the preferred channel/app for watching... I don't think it will do that yet. The universal Save List is new to 11.5, so development on it is early. Currently, the Save List just saves your content and lists the available channels/app showing the content for later viewing.

Essentially, to continue watching a series, currently you kind of have to remember which channel/app you were using, or refer to the Save List to see available viewing options.

Click on image to enlarge.

Neil13764 _continuewatching.png

0 Kudos
Neil13764
Streaming Star

When I click on the Roku Channel, I do not have a "continue watching" section. The sections i see are Live TV, Featured,Because you watched The neighborhood, save list, etc.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Neil13764

Continue Watching on Roku Channel does seem to have some issues now and then on some user devices. Sometime certain shows will not appear and sometimes the entire category is missing for some reason.

Try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall channel/app procedure. (in that order).

1. Remove Roku Channel.

2. Restart the Roku device/RokuTV. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart or Settings/System/Restart depending on device).

3. Reinstall the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
Neil13764
Streaming Star

I don't see how to remove the Roku channel. When I hover over the roku channel and click on the "*" there is no option to remove, only move , manage subscription check for updates (which I did and was up to date) etc

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Neil13764

If you have any subscriptions (premium channels/apps) through Roku Channel (ie. you pay for subscriptions to other channels/app through Roku pay), then you have to go to your online Roku account and Cancel the subscriptions before being able to Remove a Channel/app.

The above was intended to prevent people from thinking that removing a channel/app automatically canceled their subscription, but it also hinders the troubleshooting phase since many issues can only be resolved with a clean install of a channel/app.

Generally, if you cancel a subscription, you still have access to it until the renewal date. Depending on how many you have, you may have tio consider if worth cancelling them to try the above troubleshooting step. Basically, you will have to sign up for them again at their renewal date.

If you have no subscriptions through Roku, the channel/app should look like the below image with options when trying to remove. You can always try the Update Channel or the manual System update (Settings/System/System Update), but more times than not, fails to correct issues with a potentially corrupted channel/app.

Click on image to enlarge.

Neil13764 _continuewatching2.png

0 Kudos
Neil13764
Streaming Star

Yes, I have a trial subscription to Paramount Plus so that would explain why I cannot remove the channel. I think I will just live with the system as is for now until my subscription expires on 12/31.

I am new to Roku, just got the device on this past Friday.

I am really surprised that the "list" was a recently added feature. It is such a basic item would have thought it was around for a long ime.

0 Kudos