Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katlyn4254
Reel Rookie

When I try to enter a streaming channel on my Roku TV the screen zooms in and chnages colors.

For the first time today when I attempted to enter Netflix my Roku tvs screen zoomed in, turned to strange pastel colors but in the same pattern as the red background found on the Home Screen. This seems to overlay the screen. When I “screen mirror” it appears normal and the screen will also return to normal. As soon as I try to enter a streaming app it happens again. So basically I can just stare at my Home Screen and don’t know what to do. I tried resetting to the factory audio and picture settings but that didn’t work either. I haven’t been able to find any information on this anywhere. First issue like this in 3 years. My other Roku tv is older and hasn’t had this issue. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: When I try to enter a streaming channel on my Roku TV the screen zooms in and chnages colors.

Hi @Katlyn4254

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Does the issue only occur on a Netflix channel or all channels on your Roku device? 

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-the image of the issue you are experiencing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
gufygrl

Re: When I try to enter a streaming channel on my Roku TV the screen zooms in and chnages colors.

I'm having the same issues, zooming in so you can't see anything cause it's so up close.  It started this afternoon, out of the blue, on Discovery+, but checked Hulu and Netflix and it's doing it there as well and then when I went to the help app under Roku support on the device, even that is zoomed in.  I found info that this was happening wide spread to people before, so I'm thinking there needs to be a fix for this.

0 Kudos
Katlyn4254
Reel Rookie

What worked for me was resetting to factory settings. Some people have told me there’s a button on the back of the tv to do so if you can’t get the screen to return to normal after exiting the streaming channels. Others said to unplug your TV. I fixed mine so I wish you luck!

0 Kudos
gufygrl

guess I didn't read the post clear enough, I"m having trouble on the roku device, not a roku TV.  I've done the remove the app, update, restart and reinstall the app (that's when I discovered it was affecting more than just Discovery+).  Google search shows this was happening and some people had success with what I tried and others did not, I'm one that did not.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @gufygrl

Thanks for your post. 

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device? If not, we suggest you try and see if there's any difference after. If you are able to control your Roku device, you can easily perform a factory reset from the Settings menu. Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Be informed that resetting your Roku will clear the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Also, before doing this step make sure that you know your Roku device network/WiFi Password.

You may refer to this link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos