Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WestBeachSide
Binge Watcher

Re: What channels offer 'real time' broadcasts for free?

About the only thing I would watch on these local affiliates is the NFL and college football, and maybe the occasional live car chase (LOL). Local news is available now for free.

I logged into my Roku account and it says that CBS Sports Stream & Watch Live and NBC Sports are installed. So I assume that those football games on CBS and NBC are free. No prices were ever mentioned.

I clicked to install ABC Sports and FOX sports and I was able to install both apparently without charge. No price was quoted either.

Just for fun, I installed NFL. Even though it says SERVICE MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES I was not charged anything. 

My account is still saying, You don't have any active subscriptions or free trials.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Once again your misunderstanding how sports and steaming work. NO ONE can watch live football for free on Roku. If you actually read the details it says “watch pregame and post game coverage”. Installing a channel doesn’t cause a charge. When you open up the channel and are presented with “create an account to start a trial” then you will get a charge after the trial is over. The NFL network is free to install. Every channel is free to install. You have no charges cause you didn’t do anything but install them. It clearly says on the NFL Channel “service may require additional fees”.

I cannot make this any clearer. You will not be able to watch NFL games for FREE on Roku or any other streaming platform. If you could don’t you think everyone would be doing that?

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/how-to-watch-nfl-football-without-cable?amp

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

No one can watch live NFL games on Roku for free. There is no charge to install those channels. You only get charged once you create an account in those channels. They are not free. If you could watch NFL games for free on Roku everyone would be doing it. Please read here. Amazon bought the rights for Thursday Night Football. So the only way to watch it is if your a Prime member. Monday Night football is exclusive to ESPN

https://www.roku.com/blog/live-sports

https://www.roku.com/blog/how-to-stream-nfl-games-on-roku-players-and-roku-tvs

0 Kudos
WestBeachSide
Binge Watcher

I can live without ESPN. Do you know how much the CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX sports channels are? Prices are never listed. I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to subscribe with Roku or just keep my existing cable.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Please read the links I posted. Please read all the information. Streaming live tv through a service such as YouTube TV is cheaper then cable or satellite. Plus you get NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox. Live NFL games are not streamed on those individual channels you mentioned. Everything you need to know is mentioned in the links. Please read this link I previously posted. You don’t subscribe with Roku

https://www.roku.com/blog/how-to-stream-nfl-games-on-roku-players-and-roku-tvs

WestBeachSide
Binge Watcher

How much would you expect NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox sports channels to be if paid for individually?

0 Kudos
hideaway
Reel Rookie

Get an antenna and you will be able to watch ABC, NBC, CBS, etc...

0 Kudos
utoledo1

antenna attached but still can not locate OTA stations

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

All Roku channels are streaming use only not real time live.

My friend using Amazon stick have access to live tv like ESPN in real time, no fee,  its free depending on how to program it.

It is not illegal. I did not try Amazon stick  because I have Roku player.

0 Kudos