Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voluble
Channel Surfer

Re: What Roku guideline caused Plex to remove screensaver?

Jump to solution

I currently have three Rokus and have faithfully upgraded each of them every time a better model comes out for over a decade, but I have bought my last one due to this issue.

I am not going to risk burning in a screen when there are alternatives out there.  I would never have thought of changing, but they have intentionally made their devices useless to me. 

0 Kudos
wb6vpm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This gets stupider. Plex seems to be the only one that can’t figure out how to deal with the screensaver problem, heck - even Discovery has it figured out so that things work properly when the user goes to pull the unit out of screensaver mode. 

For that matter, I’m trying to figure out why the rule only applies to some apps, since Netflix (and probably others) is still allowed to use their own custom screensaver. 

0 Kudos
Ninja07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I mostly use Plex and I need another device but have held out from getting another Roku because of this nonsense. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.