Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

What Happened to the Red Green Show??

Been watching the old Red Green Show from season one. Made for great lighthearted viewing before getting into some of our more serious favorites. The other night, went into Roku TV and no Red Green Show. Only thing is the Red Green Channel which is more modern stuff and none of the classics. A searched revealed nothing.

Does Roku TV remove series from their listings from time to time? If so, I'm not happy about that. I was only part-way thru season 1 when it disappeared. 

Please bring back The Red Green Show! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What Happened to the Red Green Show??

@Snakeoil 

Using the Search feature from Home Screen indicates Season 1-15 of the Red Green Show still available on Roku Channel as well as as other free channels/apps. (Plex, Tubi, Redbox, and Fawesome).

Doing an internal Search from within all these channels did not produce a result for Red Green, but selecting them from the Home Screen Search did locate and successfully launch the episodes.

Locate the Red Green Show and then select "Add to Save List".  Then go into "What to Watch" from home screen to access the Save List or Continue Watching.  This way all available watching options will be available to you.

----

As to your original question, yes, all the content on these various streaming channels/apps will come and go depending on licensing agreements.  They are usually available only for a limited time and sometimes either disappear completely for awhile or another channel/app picks them up.  Sometimes they move to a paid subscription channel/app and become unavailable to stream for free for awhile.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

I tried that search method when it happened and nothing came up. Could have just been a glitch that night. Will go look again. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

Just went back in and did not even have to search. It was just there. Suspect a glitch in their system that night. Wife will be happy. She always groans when I put Red on.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Snakeoil

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels, Themes, or Screensavers can be removed at any time for a variety of different reasons. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously.

For more information, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Snakeoil 

Used to watch it on PBS when it was running.  Still holds up today. 👍

Just keep in mind the other channels/apps it is available on in case it drops from Roku channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos