Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meri-65

What Happened to Revenge?

I am in the middle of season 3, and Revenge is no longer available tonight? Why? Where is it? This is not the first time this has happened to me. Makes me question whether or not I should continue with Roku's series, but instead stick to one-and-done movies. 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: What Happened to Revenge?

Hi @Meri-65 

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you confirm to us what channel you're accessing Revenge? We'll be able to further assist you from there. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Meri-65

Hi @RokuKariza-D ,

The Roku Channel.

Thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Meri-65 

The free content on the Roku Channel, as well as on the other free ad-supported channels/apps, comes and goes as licensing agreements expire.

Looks like Revenge can currently be seen on Hulu.  Currently running a 30-day free trial over on their website.  (this is for their 7.99/mo Hulu with ads plan).  https://signup.hulu.com/plans

----

I think last time Revenge went to Peacock for awhile and then returned back to the Roku Channel.  If you add this show to your Save List, should be able to track it when it becomes available for free again on Roku.  It will likely cycle around again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
PJZTCC

I wish they could give prior notice before just stopping availability of series, like when you log into a series say it will be removed in 30 days!  that would be a good customer service idea.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@PJZTCC wrote:

I wish they could give prior notice before just stopping availability of series, like when you log into a series say it will be removed in 30 days!...  

That would definitely be a welcomed feature to Roku.  Best you can get now for now is to keep your eye on the "Leaving Soon" section from within the Roku Channel. (just scroll down to the section "Leaving Soon").

I try to remember to look at this section before I start watching a series or if there is really I movie I planned on watching.  However, I sometimes forget to do this.  Generally speaking, you should consider content being made available for 30 days mimimum. (beginning of month to end of month).  With each new month, no guarantee that the content will still be licensed/available for streaming.

Having some knowledge of how long the content will be available for would certainly allow a viewing schedule/priority for Roku users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar If it's not longer available, why do they still keep promoting the show as being on? Seems pretty poor business to hype something that's not on, or will be gone in weeks. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

JJJ47
Reel Rookie

Same thing happened to us 2 nights ago. It was available on the Roku channel as a series. It was not live and never had a channel as far as I know.  I refuse to spend more $$ on another add-on. It's getting just as expensive as any of the big companies. The only change I noticed was the series photo/ logo changed and is no longer available...... I have also noticed that on Roku some shows say its available thru Roku but I cannot get the channel when I select it. It wants another subscription!

Another issue is the "Oak Island" series. I have it set as a favorite however unless I go directly to History channel first it will not load. Why can't Roku know that and go to that add-on?

0 Kudos
Fran21

Same here, can't watch season 2 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@StevenCee wrote:

If it's not longer available, why do they still keep promoting the show as being on?

I searched the net for: roku revenge and found this page.  which shows it as available on hulu, prime, vudu, and apple TV.  I'm not sure if that page constitutes the promotion you're talking about, but it looks like it has been updated to be accurate if so.

A similar page shows Oak island to be on History, Peacock, and frdnly. 

0 Kudos