Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracy_lit5
Reel Rookie

Weathernation New App on Roku

Recently the Weathernation app has changed it's configuration for Roku

The app is still the same on the Firestick as it was before, but on a Roku, it's completely re-designed.

It's much hard to navigate than it was before.

Is there a chance in h*** that the app will get reverted?  This new configuration stinks.

When searching for Weathernation there's only 1 choice (as the other icon shows "not supported")

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Weathernation New App on Roku

Roku has nothing to do with that.  You should take it up with the developer of the channel/app, which isn't Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

The usual "non-answer".

It does nobody any good to say "contact the developer" unless you also tell us who the developer is, and how to contact them.

You (Roku) absolutely must have some sort of contact information, but you won't share it with us.

I, for one, HAVE tried to contact Wethernation to tell them how much I strongly dislike the new interface: but it is not possible.  I have found the Weathernation.com web site, and there is NO, I repeat, NO contact information on the web site: nor can I find contact information of any kind through a web search.

As far as I am concerned this IS a Roku problem, and you are responsible for either answering it or putting us in touch with the developer.  Dumping on us like this just shows how little Roku actually cares about it's customers.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@BartZLederman 

It is usually not a good sign when a contact-us option is not made available on the website, as that usually tells the consumer "we do not want to be bothered".

However, using different search methods, you can try the following contact options results yielded for WeatherNation TV.

Emails

WeCare@weathernationtv.com

[https://www.facebook.com/WeatherNation/videos/email-us-at-wecareweathernationtvcom/10156654887209874...]

feedback@weathernationtv.com

[https://weathernation.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html]

TechSupport@WeatherNationTV.com

[https://justuseapp.com/en/app/541589698/weathernation-app/contact]

-----

Personally, I don't understand the complaints with the channel/app.  It is windowed when you open it, requiring only the right arrow and ok button to navigate or make full window come into focus.  

These channels/apps will always go under redesign.  Some for the better, some not so much.  Always going to be a personal preference, I guess.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos