Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeatherFlower71
Reel Rookie

Re: Weather Channel - Highway thru H*LL On-Demand sends back to Roku Home Screen

Well thanks for the response. This has been going on for a long while. I was excited to see new episodes of Highway Thru **bleep** on Demand and then it quit working. 

Heather

0 Kudos
glgoodsell
Reel Rookie

Re: Weather Channel - Highway thru H*LL On-Demand sends back to Roku Home Screen

Yes, it appears it is a Roku problem.  I installed it on my Firestick and it resumed High Thru **bleep** that left off from when this problem started.  So it works fine on Amazon Firestick or TV.

0 Kudos
HeatherFlower71
Reel Rookie

Same thing going on today January 24th. Kicks you back out to the Roku Home Screen. Getting real old.😑

0 Kudos
BluesDaddy
Reel Rookie

I came on here specifically to research this issue. I'd already tried most of the things suggested. As for it being a "Roku issue" because on demand works on Fire TV, etc., that's not necessarily true. The app for the platform is from the channel, not from Roku itself and for each platform the app coding will be different. It would appear that either Weather.com hadn't updated its Roku app when the new Roku software was updated (sometime in December, IIRC) or they did but had a bug in it. In either case, you'd think almost a month into the issue they'd have it fixed.

0 Kudos
snook2726
Reel Rookie

Before posting this I wanted to be sure, as sure as I could be anyway. So, everyday since I opened the ticket with weather channel app support I tried updating the app. Highlight the app in the home screen, hit the star button, you all know the drill. Last week there was actually an update, the app finally updated for me and the on demand content has been working as expected for over a week now. Weather Channel App version 4.4 build 18. TCL TV Roku System is Version 11.5.0 build 4312. Also, that update fixed the issue on a Roku stick plugged into another Samsung TV.

BluesDaddy
Reel Rookie

Well, I'm still running into problems. I finally got the app updated (for a week or so it just told me I had the latest version) and then on demand worked. But I came back the next day and I just had the "loading circle" spin on the screen. I then deleted the app, reinstalled it, and on demand worked again. But, again, after shutting it down and coming back a day or two later, I get the same issue. If I want to watch on demand, I have to delete the app, reinstall it, sign back in, then everything works as it should as long as I'm on the app or come back that same day.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@BluesDaddy-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos